IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (about the future)

Official News and Announcements

Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (about the future)

Postby ElSuave » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm a bit concerned about this myself. Gamepot USA does only have 1 other game. but they used to have 3 games. One of them being Fantasy Earth Zero, an old Japanese MMO that was brought to life in NA via GP USA only to end up dying. The game that I loved playing didn't even last 1 year. I've been playing Alteil very casually for a couple of years and it's been doing fine for now.

I'm not really sure what was going on over there. The game originally had a GM to cover each of the 5 nations in the game. Then it whithered down to only 1 active GM in the game. On the other hand, FEZ's community was very immature, which is probably why they tore down access to the forum the instant they announced that the game was shutting down.

The overall picture for both Bright Shadow and Fantasy Earth Zero, to me, seemed as if GP USA just couldn't attract enough players to help keep the games alive. Now I'm not sure what the difference is between keeping Alteil alive vs. keeping an MMO alive. For all I know this game could actually grow with GP USA. It might not need all that much to stay alive and could attract more players than it ever could. Alteil was always an underground type game. I can't even remember how I found out about this game, but it's fun. If the current community just keeps doing what it does then the game should be fine. Going to a new company could easily attract more players which would boost the game even more.
ElSuave

Postby ErnnLaties » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:46 pm

i agree, as long as there is more timely releases of sets, and ex sets, things should be fine the way they are now. fingers crossed* but i guess it's kinda stupid how everyone has an EX merc girl in their gowen file now! It frustrates me a lot!
ErnnLaties

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:53 pm

As opposed to only older players having one? lol

I think having 2 is more annoying, hah.
LoneKnight

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart