Who Wants To Be A Wiki Admin?

Official News and Announcements

Who Wants To Be A Wiki Admin?

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Sorry, I’m no Regis, and there's no million dollars. But there are easy to answer questions!

1. Do you like Alteil?

2. Can you spell?

3. Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling from contributing to the greater good? ("The greater good.")

Then you just might be the sort of person who could be an Alteil Wiki Admin!

Due to the somewhat limited size of this thing we don't want to allow just anyone to edit our wiki. Mainly I just want to make Logress do it because he's got just soooo much free time, but then he grumbles and slouches lower every day he doesn't get sleep. So, with that not being an option we turn to you, the Alteil devout. We need people to contribute articles, edit other people’s hard work, and of course get into arguments about how Falkow being nerfed is some sort of political commentary on the inherent weakness of environmentalists!

If you’re interested, becoming an Alteil Wiki Admin is simple. Just send an email to admin@alteil.com with the subject "Wiki Admin" and tell us your Iczer name. If we think you're the trustworthy sort we will set you up. Simple as that.

Also, once this thing gets rolling there may well be rewards for those of you who help out so remember: "More hard work equals more possible somethings at some indeterminate point in the future... maybe!". How can you resist?!

Operators are standing by.
lupos
Site Admin

Re: Who Wants To Be A Wiki Admin?

Postby teasel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:36 pm

eeeehhh i don't know i might be sorta of interessed but you were quite vague on what you are supposed to do...
teasel

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Well truth be told I'm a bit vague on what will be necessary. It's a wiki, it can have all kinds of info. Things we have thought of and most likely a ton of things we haven't. Some of it will most likely be a duplicate of what's on the site, faqs, rules etc, some will probably be more in-depth story related things, strategy guides. I dunno really. There have been several requests for this since before we even launched and we kept sitting on it not knowing what to do with it. So I figured it's best to just release it into the wild and see what happens. If you want to contribute and add info, great! If you just want to be DWildStar junior and proofread everything everyone else posts, that's super too. Heck, maybe you've just got a penchant for hyper linking everything.

The only reason we don't just let the whole world edit it is because we've not got the time/man power to play wiki police so for the time being it seemed the better idea to just let in those people who want in.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby DWildstar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:12 pm

I've never written any wiki articles but I do have a compulsion to correct spelling so most likely once we have a wiki I'll be doing a lot of that. Of course it would help greatly having someone else whose brain explodes whenever they see someone misuse the words: your, you're, their, there, they're, affect, effect, to, too, who's, whose, its and it's.
DWildstar

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Alteil Wiki
It's actually live now, can be found under "Game Info > WIKI"

Probably Should have mentioned that in the post... :oops:
lupos
Site Admin

Postby teasel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 pm

well give me access then... worst thing i could do is "nothing"
where do you find this wiki anyway?
teasel

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Um, theres a link to it right above your post... in my last post :P

Go there, up top where it says create an account, do that. Preferably with the same user name/password you have on the main site/game. Once you've done that let me know and I'll up your rights.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby teasel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:06 pm

done
teasel

Postby lupos » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:00 pm

You're authorized, go to town! ;)
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Wisp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:19 pm

*shudders* Basic grammar errors... You had to bring it up, didn't you D? I'll admit that I am an avid fanfiction reader, and nothing turns me off more than someone who cannot form complete throughts. I'm no ****, but I know my grammar. If you need another proof reader, look no further! ^_^

EDIT: Huh... didn't know you had anything against Russians! xD
Wisp

Next

Return to Castle Folrart