Trouble Logging in? Read this First!

Official News and Announcements

Trouble Logging in? Read this First!

Postby Logress » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 am

Here's a quick step by step guide...

If you do NOT have a GAMEPOT US account, hit the FREE SIGN UP button. Fill out the form and hit accept. Your gamepot ID is for login ONLY, you will still appear as your Iczer name in game.

After you get your GAMEPOT US account, or if you already had one, hit LOGIN. Enter your GAMEPOT US ID and PW, NOT your Alteil ones. (anytime you see a generic box with flat pink buttons, you can bet it's a GamePot widget, the Alteil ones are all styled like the Alteil Site)

Now your logged in! Yes, we know it says 'no name' at the top, we're working on that.

To start the game hit GAME START. It's on the left.

You will be prompted to MERGE your accounts. First, enter your Alteil Iczer name and Password. Then Confirm the data. Your accounts will be merged!

From now on, whenever you come to the site, hit LOGIN and enter your GAMEPOT US ID and PW. Then, when you hit GAME START, it will launch the game with you ALREADY logged in. Your Iczer name is only how you appear to other users IN GAME. It no longer is needed for logging in. Also, your Alteil PW will never be needed again after the merge.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Trouble Logging in? Read this First!

Postby Spears » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 am

If you get an ifinite login loop try hitting the sign up button instead then hit yes i have a gamepot account. This should let you then press the game start button.

Sometimes if you redirect to the main page from old pages like login.alteil or the forum it wont work at all so you need to get those fingers working and type it in.
Spears

Postby arachnofobia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:43 am

I was away for a couple of weeks so I got a bit scared when I just get back today :(
But everything seems to go smoothly.

I have a question though.
I had 4 accounts on game Alteil - one for each sphere.
If I still want to have 4 accounts - is that possible somehow - or is it 1 gamepod account = 1 alteil account???
Also merging those for into one is not possible is ti (he he... it is probably not...)
arachnofobia

Postby CainHyde » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am

You need 1 gamepot account for each of your alteil account.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby arachnofobia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:06 am

I had a feeling everyone should have only one gamepod account... :)

But how to "transwer" other accounts too when I already transwerred my main one?
arachnofobia

Postby Logress » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:45 am

You'll have to make multiple GP accounts too, if you don't have email adresses for all of them, you'll have to use fakes or aliasis or something, but be sure you're main has a real email address or it will make getting support a pain.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby arachnofobia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm

oh. ok. I will :) Is there any time limit to when I should do this? Now I am a bit preoccupied with personall stuff to have time to my all four accounts... So does the unused accounts get deleted at one point?

Also - did everyone in game got free 3 copies of the new multiple sphere ones? Avesome... It is a pitty I missed that though ;)
arachnofobia

Postby Lateralus923 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Hey Logress,

Just got a tablet and of course I immediately tried out Alteil :-)

However... the new login thing causes some difficulties because the Game module pops up on top and the flash video runs in the background etc...

Just wondering if there is a shortcut like login.alteil.com that we used to have.

EDIT: https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/tab/
Found it. Second browser immediately crashes when i hit the Alteil button on the main page. LOL

Gonna try other browsers and see if its smoother.

Thanks!
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby kore » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:35 am

Well Log in thing doesn't work for me, every time I try to log in it redirects me to alteil.com and I'm not logged in, gotta keep using sign up button to log in :(
kore

Postby LoneKnight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:43 am

This happens with me too. Be sure to use http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/ instead of alteil.com or gamepotusa.alteil.com or anything like that.
LoneKnight

Return to Castle Folrart