Dragon Emperor's Squire Tournament Oct 3-4th

Official News and Announcements

Dragon Emperor's Squire Tournament Oct 3-4th

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:38 pm

Dragon Emperor's Squire Tournament
Written by Logress
Monday, 29 September 2008 18:29

Even a simple squire can command a Dragon Emperor!

On Friday, October 3rd, the Dragon Emperors will be in the palm of your hand!

Free all-cards tournament! Friday 6 PM, October 3rd until Saturday October 4th at midnight.

Try every card in both the Basic Set and the First Expansion for two days. Tried Alteil but never got to play with any of the high level cards like the Dragon Emperors? Join the Tournament and finally command that power! Never got to try Alteil? Now’s the perfect time to decide what strategy and what Spheres are right for you, when you can use every card in the game for free!
Tournament Type: Star Battle and Win % combo.
Two winners for each prize, one for the top three Stars, one for the top three Win %. Minimum ten battles.
Two 1st Prizes – 300 Gran + surprise Avatar
Two 2nd Prizes – 150 Gran + surprise Avatar
Two 3rd Prizes – 100 Gran

Details:

This is what we call a “Star Battle” Tournament. Everyone starts with 5 Stars and gains one if they win, and loses one if they lose. If you lose them all you’re out. Prizes will still be given to those who have the best Win % also. You can't win both, so if you qualify for two, you'll be given the better prize and your other prize will be given to the runner up. You must play ten battles to qualify for a prize.

When you sign up, it will ask you to choose a “Sealed Card File” but there only be one choice. It’s not exactly a sealed Tournament, however. Everyone gets 3 of every card in the game, so build anything you want. Change it up as many times as you want during the Tournament!
The “Edit your Card File” button will only work once you’ve entered the Tournament and chosen “Go to Tournament Lobby.” After that, It’ll let you edit your Tournament only Card File.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Dragon Emperor's Squire Tournament Oct 3-4th

Postby EvilGenius » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:15 pm

This is a great opportunity for free players to try out those cards from Set 2 that they probably see all the time in the arenas played against them. I just wish I could participate. :(
EvilGenius

Postby Gota » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:56 pm

are EX cards included as well?

And great event guys, definitely gonna get alot of people in on this. Just hope that I can get off work sooner on saturday Dx

Also, after sending in the "Challenge of the Fortnight 1" I was thinking of more fantasy decks and such with imaginary cards that I wanted someone to try for me XD

Then this event just poped up o.o

Its like you guys read my mind =O
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Mirth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:58 am

Okay... this tournament just screams:

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm very excited.

Will each of the tournament players be allowed multiple card file spaces rather than a single one?

Sincerely,
Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Postby Porky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:42 am

yes, can something be done on the file editing options allowing you to switch between multiple decks instead of rebuilding each time?
"Talking to you is like having a period." -Toradora.
Porky

Postby teasel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:34 am

oh no i'm not going to partecipate... everyone being able to use every card is a sham... last tourney everyone and their pet rock used eskatia,it basicaly was like playing only against a single opponent who would always open "shade/moonlight warrior/eskatia" this time i don't expect it to be that much different with the only exception being that this time it will be renaly and her buddies (RAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) beside 6 people wins but 200 others have only wasted their time
teasel

Postby EvilGenius » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 am

teasel wrote:oh no i'm not going to partecipate... everyone being able to use every card is a sham... last tourney everyone and their pet rock used eskatia,it basicaly was like playing only against a single opponent who would always open "shade/moonlight warrior/eskatia" this time i don't expect it to be that much different with the only exception being that this time it will be renaly and her buddies (RAMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA) beside 6 people wins but 200 others have only wasted their time

I'm sure we'll have a little more variety this time around.
EvilGenius

Postby Romdeau » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:02 pm

I agree with teasel, although it won't stop me from at least trying.
Romdeau

Postby SadistOkita » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Even if you do lose all your games, imagine how much this helps players understand some cards they never played before.

Just about teh card file editing i am a bit worried. It says edit as much as you want, but what if i need some time to think some strategies on the spot. I don't mean to try out stuff during the tournament, but to have enough (that means a lot of) time to pick my cards. :/
Is there a time limit or smtg?

Eskatia and friends is a simple deck, at least for someone who knows its weaknesses.
I am going to do my best to torture people with falkow strategies. ;a38 <3
SadistOkita

Postby Mirth » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:04 am

Well it's time for bed from night one of the tournament... whew...

In about 5-6 hours had the pleasure of being part of 30 different battles.... I don't think I had to click "Start Battle" more than three times to leap into combat... Some people I knew... but lots of new faces. Talked to most of them and their experiences. In general Izcers seemed to enjoy the access to all of the cards (though the $$$ issue did pop up now and then).

and TONS of dragon decks... maybe 4/5 of the battles revolved completely/partly around a dragon.

I also saw some unique setups for SS... and the flexibility was terrific (I learned quite a bit). Since you had NO idea what was in the other Izcers's deck (having access to all cards) I found myself seeing combinations I would like to use personally for the Arena. There were some predictable strategies... but I saw them "switched up" several times to create confusion.

(I'm curious though if some of the participating accounts were multis trying out different decks* ... saw several with 1500 RP level 2-6 and a great handle on battle dynamics)

*I do wish we had spots for several files during "ALL card" tournaments. It would help with tweaking your decks and trying out new ones without losing your original file.

Perhaps a "Non-star" (play without worry of losing all your stars) ALL card tournament in the future with multiple file spots? Maybe a small program that would compare the all card tournament file you've created versus the cards you currently own? (to see what you still need to collect)

Kudos Alteil!

Sincerely, Mirth ;loading
Mirth

Next

Return to Castle Folrart