Seasonal Card Upgrade

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Seasonal Card Upgrade

Postby Icyglare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:12 pm

I guess I should have put quotations instead of using capital letters because if I typed, "I don't know why people just don't 'BUY IT and let it go', it has a different meaning than what I was trying to convey.

GOSCAR wrote:Actually that sentence is the equivalent of saying, "Buy it or **** off."
If you don't think so, go sell a product and use that as your finishing sentence. See how much you sell. I know if I did that I would be fired from my job.

Go to Wal-Mart, take out a PS3 game and go yell at the employees on how their Playstation game prices are too damn high and some person in the store used past participles in an incorrect matter so he was grammatically wrong. After that, just keep coming back there, not to buy something, but to just troll the workers and customers there.

-

Anyways, since they are making a new UI, they probably could put a seasonal card updater somewhere in a premium section and they can gauge prices/interest with this experiment.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Walmart does not build the consoles. Single Walmart does not make the prices. Random walmart employée does not represent the management of walmart.

Try harder.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyglare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Shirozaki wrote:Walmart does not build the consoles. Single Walmart does not make the prices. Random walmart employée does not represent the management of walmart.

Try harder.

C'mon now, Goscar made a crappy comparison so I made one of my own. I could go on about how Logress doesn't make the seasonal art or compare this to a Toyota dealership but in all honesty, it doesn't matter.

The best comparison is EA: Voted worst company of the year for the past 2 years; no matter how people have harped or complained about their business practices, they still do what they do and all of us know why. People keep opening their wallets to them, which is why the best way to not promote a business behavior/tactics is to close your wallets.

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

People are doing that already, else we'd not have had how many ex releases in the past few weeks?

But you can't expect us to remain silent now, do you-
Shirozaki

Postby Icyglare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:05 pm

Nah, of course not. Good or bad, nothing wrong with forum chatter. But when it comes to this, I like comments like

ErnnLaties wrote:I think prices are a little much... $10 to switch a rare 5 star or ex card, not to mention we will be losing a copy of it (to get it reskinned) -> when we prolly only saved 3 copies to begin with.

at $10 you really should make it a duplicates sale -> basically give us a copy of the 5 star or ex card reskinned and not lose the original card. Otherwise, I think it is more reasonable for you to charge a set price of 200 gran per transaction, regardless of rarity.

angolmois wrote:You got me interested, until I saw the prices. And we are not even getting an additional card at those crazy prices.

For a skin swap of only ONE card, I wouldn't pay more than $1.

Khiruki wrote:To be honest, I would totally be willing to pay to make cards cuter, but... 1000 grab to RESKIN a 5* or EX? That's on par with the 1500 gran 5* lotto.

But not too crazy on

GonFreeces31 wrote:Someone call for the forum trolls?

Yeah this is one of those problems where they need to make a profit to keep the company afloat, however their product is by no means worth the prices they charge. Its pretty clear the playerbase values cards far less than what the company thinks.

I was about to add more but the walls of text that was previously made is ridiculous.

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby worthing » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Alteil forum game is pretty fun but have you seen this game before?

http://alteil.com/
worthing

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 pm

I think a lot of people are in AFK till July mode.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Lecaf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 am

Icyglare wrote:
If you don't like it, ignore it. It's not for you and it's not your problem.

What a nasty spin on what Logress is saying. As much as I agree on this being overpriced, I don't know why people just don't NOT BUY IT and let it go.

I think it's because people like me really want a seasonal copy of a specific card, but will purchase gran anyway to do it (even though we dislike the pricing), and in the end it would build some resentment because we're afraid that if we don't shell out a high amount right now, then we won't ever get an opportunity like this again.

I think there should be something extra added to this. Perhaps a "feedback" box for the people who do purchase the exchange or something, asking for an opinion. And maybe if we got some kind of coupon for some sort of seasonal thing in the future;
ex: if this "event" happens again, then people who purchased an exchange a first time get a free exchange of their choice OR...
if there's some sort of seasonal battle event, people who purchased a seasonal exchange get an extra card of their pick or something.

What I'm basically suggesting is that you throw in something extra down the line (or at the very least ask for feedback from your customers) because it doesn't cost you anything. Furthermore, simply looking at the numbers don't tell you enough. Example:
100 people purchased gran in order to fund an exchange
70 people feel like it was overpriced, but did so because they were afraid it wouldn't be available again ----> resentment
20 people found it convenient, because they just wanted to grab a couple 2-stars, so they weren't excited about it but weren't angry about it either ---> neutral
10 people really enjoyed it, and think it's the best event so far ---> happy to play and spend

This is purely a hypothetical, but it's just to show you that even if people purchase gran to do an exchange, they could have different reasons for doing so and have different feelings about what they see as customer service.
Lecaf

Postby Lecaf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 am

So after reading through this a bit more, I saw someone talk about a t-shirt. Imagine how many $20 t-shirts would sell, especially if they included a free seasonal-exchange coupon. :O
Lecaf

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I think the funniest part of all this is the fact that shiro had to answer Kouseo's question; cause, you know, Logress felt it was more important to defend himself against her accusations instead of helping a customer.

It's also funny that Icy's arguing that it's ok that Apocoplay has bad business practices and that it's ok if Logress doesn't care about customer feedback.

Scientiafide

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard