Standard Five Card Pack Sale

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Standard Five Card Pack Sale

Postby Logress » Fri May 03, 2013 1:39 am

In most CCG's, the standard packs get a lot of attention. Not as much here, where the various lottos and Ex Packs steal the spotlight. This is something to think about, as one of the things we're working out behind the scenes alternate gametypes, including drafting distribution.

I'm taking this opportunity to do a two-week discount on standard 5-card packs, the kind that come with each of the 12 Standard Card Sets. For this week, odd numbered Packs will drop from 150 Gran to 120 Gran but retain their rarity rates. even numbered packs will drop from 150 Gran all the way to 100 Gran, but they will have the rarity rates of 4 and 5 star cards reduced a little.

So take this chance to give the CCG staple some love, and on the week after, I'll reverse odds and evens!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Standard Five Card Pack Sale

Postby Anima13 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:10 am

+ LIKE

I find that the general cost of (especially targeted)1-2 * is, from the point of a free player, in terms of both gran and pointcard expensive.
From this perspective, I was happy about this sale and was "participating" in it. After the card of the week certanly one of the best ways to cheaply target lost of low rarities.
I understand that this sale does not really matter much for a paying audience that gets a box, but for mid/low spender its really interesting.

PS: the remark about the ex packs is completly right.
example: I have intrest in a certain 1*, and spent till now ca 700 gran (7x100) on it (including recyclings). I have curretnly 1 copy of this card :D (even though I improved my general card pool a bit).
If I compare this to an ex pack of 400 gran where the cards have a guaranteed impact on the quality of my card pool, as ex cards tend to do that + are targeted, ex pack really steals the show even from this sale :D.
IT would be really benefical, especially for long term to find kinds of sales, that allows better targetting of low rarities. Many decks can work without high rarity cards. I am sure this could be attractive to mid/low spenders (most of the general sales currenlty like the lotto mechanism mainly benefit big spenders).
Anima13

Postby VertuHonagan » Wed May 08, 2013 11:01 pm

I actually got my second Legyre from this! Though sadly all my other cards in any other pack were 1* or 2*s. I think I got 2 3*s, but aside from the 1 5*, and 2 3*s, I mostly got 1 or 2*s.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Miller103 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 am

In most CCG's, the standard packs get a lot of attention. Not as much here, where the various lottos and Ex Packs steal the spotlight. This is something to think about, as one of the things we're working out behind the scenes alternate gametypes, including drafting distribution.
Testking Testking
actualtests rhce certification exam actualtests rhce certification exam
actualtests cisco ccie wireless certification actualtests cisco ccie wireless certification
Miller103

Postby Callonia » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 am

Well yeah.... If i remember right, standard booster packs always include a rare. No? Well at least that was how for me whenever I bought the boosters irl.

here on alteil, you don't even get this.

Its guaranteed commons and if you're lucky, you might get a rare on alteil.

Lack of helping people complete their collection has created mass disregard for booster packs in alteil because they are proven to be not worth of gran you spend.
To me, the current value of booster packs is overpriced I feel like they're worth just 50 gran for 4 1*s and 1 2*.
Callonia

Postby sunbunman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Callonia wrote:Well yeah.... If i remember right, standard booster packs always include a rare. No? Well at least that was how for me whenever I bought the boosters irl.

here on alteil, you don't even get this.

Its guaranteed commons and if you're lucky, you might get a rare on alteil.

I have to agree with this, just about every ccg/tcg I've played has one rare included in every basic pack.

I would say it would be fair iff our packs game 4x 1-2*s and 1x 3* or higher
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 am

I honestly don't see how making the standard pack to 1 dollar permanently will hurt you so badly.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Return to Crest Courtyard