Across the Spectrum 1

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Across the Spectrum 1

Postby Arakis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Across the Spectrum 1 December 1st-15th

In our ongoing effort to keep Alteil players thinking creatively, we've decided to kick off a mini-event much in the vein of Challenge of the Fortnight. This time around, rather than focusing on any one card, the idea is to create card files that reach across the color spectrum by incorporating cards from multiple spheres.

This is in part to get you ready for certain things to come, and down the road, the plan is to focus on specific combinations, such as yellow-red, purple-blue, etc. For this first time, though, we're not going to insist that you use any specific combination. Feel free to come up with anything you like. The real goal is synergy. It's easy enough to splash some sylphs and undines into a non-blue deck to benefit from their open skills, but we want you to think deeper than that. The more generally balanced the number of cards from different spheres are, the better, but there are cases where only a few cards in a deck are of a different sphere than all the others. If you can show that they work well enough together, that would qualify it as an idea worth considering. As always, using only two spheres in your file is probably going to work best, but more power to you if you can construct a deck using three or more spheres that works well.

As with Challenge of the Fortnight, you must submit the list of cards in your file along with a description of your play strategy. You don't have to own all the cards in said file, but that can of course make it easier to play-test. If you actually have all the cards, you can also submit the name of the file and your account name, and we'll check its win record and contents. Remember, if you tweak your file you're ruin your win record. Email your submission to Logress [at] alteil [dot] com by DECEMBER 15TH.

Prizes: One Rarity 3 card of Arakis’ choice.

--Arakis (the relatively new GM).
Last edited by Arakis on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arakis

Re: Across the Spectrum 1

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:50 am

How detailed do our strategies have to be described if we have the card file? Can you check logs? The match history will probably have a more detailed overview of the strategy. :/
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 am

I've been told that using the logs to read strategy isn't a feasible solution. How much detail you go into is up to you, but please at least explain the basic idea of how the cards interact. We can always test it out on our end to see how it works in play.
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Arakis wrote:I've been told that using the logs to read strategy isn't a feasible solution. How much detail you go into is up to you, but please at least explain the basic idea of how the cards interact. We can always test it out on our end to see how it works in play.

the problem would be, i know how to react and i got my timing, but maybe it would be hard to explain what you are trying to predict and counter, and why you are building your field the way you do ...
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Arakis » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:07 pm

Just try to explain as best you can, whether that be general strategy or detailed tactics. If it comes down to it, you can break it down into specific scenarios, like what you would do when certain cards or combos are played against you. Naturally, we're going to derive our own interpretations of the file and its uses, but you can provide as much input as you wish to try to convey your intent in how you personally use it. And hey, if we're unsure about something, we can always ask you.
Arakis

Postby Logress » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:01 pm

For those of you interested in winning prizes for submitting Card combos and File ideas, today I'd like to remind you that the Across the Spectrum contest is due one week from today, and the Challenge of the Fortnight 4: Armed Citizens contest is due this Wednesday. Good luck!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby jasta85 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:18 pm

any idea when we'll see the results from this? i'm curious as to what ideas people came up with, multisphere decks are hard to master, although i'm sure there are some killer combos out there.
jasta85

Postby Arakis » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:35 pm

I'm currently hard at work testing the entries in the training arena. Feel free to stop in and help out if you have time. I plan to be in there tonight and most of the day tomorrow, and if things go well, I'll be finished soon. Then I just have to get with Logress and decide on a winner.
Arakis

Return to Crest Courtyard