Underdog Update

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Underdog Update

Postby Logress » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 am

The underdog update is done! Seems like a strong showing for Falkow, as Silver Fencer Ascarat is off the list, along with both EX and normal Mystere and the new Emana. Refess sees Toromea and 5th Shrine leader Judie off the list, as well.

There's still some good underdog potential, though. Pretender to the Sun Alphonce is still on the list, and the EX Langbart is on now, with Shufas, most of the Beltorats, Grebados and even Jerry.

You can check out the UNDERDOG CARDS here and the UNDERDOG SOUL CARDS here.

http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/index.php/ ... play-cards

http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/index.php/ ... soul-cards
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Underdog Update

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 am

Am I the only one who is sad that we finally get the ultimate bad guy (Elgandi and Chaos Zal) and they already on the underdog list while the "heroes" (Dilate and Emana) will never be on that list. Guess who win the "Final confrontation".
Dean

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 am

On the other hand why can't the underdog list implement a filter for instance. Gonna wait after Otonashi updates the database of Beta Editor to get anything useful out of the UD list lol.
wakka9ca

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

Cards that surprised me are on there:

Falkow
- Vosrot
- Mage Knight of Regus/Rapier Fencer
- Vengeful Mage
- Sea Claw

Gowen
- Allind
- Rasfel
- Jerry
- Archer Scout
- Cyclops
- Mercenary
- Grebados

Lawtia
- Gaieshart
- Inside (really?)
- MD Lycan/MD Fencer

Refess
- Garfath
- Rubens
- Folrart Greatsword Soldier
- Jade Buncle
- Weiss
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Urkredel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 am

Dean wrote:Am I the only one who is sad that we finally get the ultimate bad guy (Elgandi and Chaos Zal) and they already on the underdog list while the "heroes" (Dilate and Emana) will never be on that list. Guess who win the "Final confrontation".

I'm sad too ! T^T
Urkredel

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah, it's more like what's popular right now and not the actual strength of the cards. For instance, Grebados and Jerry are prime examples.

All the Orks are nearly UD so I might try an Orc file for UD instead. It should be easier than other UD files because it doesn't lose in terms of strength. Abuse the Orks while you can!!
wakka9ca

Postby Seizan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Cards that surprised me are on there:

Short story: nothing from that list except for Weissvogel was surprising for me. Last weeks were all about grinding (20 games, 10 wins, RP reset) and unoriginality (yes, I'm talking about you, Dilate users).

Long story:
Falkow
- Vosrot
- Sea Claw

When was last time you saw Serpent? Today I saw first in about month. After bringing Vosrot to reasonable power people stopped playing it. Nothing surprising there, majority of players are just copycats, they heard it's "useless", so instead of trying it, they automatically removed Vosrot from their decks. Some use single copy and I suspect UD uses some weird algorithm that counts copies in deck. Some people use Sea Hunter and/or EX: Wizard Soldier as their tank.

- Mage Knight of Regus/Rapier Fencer
- Vengeful Mage

I don't even remember what those cards are, so again, no surprise there.

Gowen
- Allind

Rarely seen 5*, players with 3 copies are few and far between.

- Rasfel
- Cyclops

Same case as Vosrot: netdeckers. Since there is no uber-powerful deck using those cards, they're going to be UD for quite some time. If Rasfel was Refess, then it could be another story: Advent gives 1 sp for free, Toromea gives temporary 2sp, Sun Worshipper+Mammoth don't need sp. Many fun options. Gowen on the other hand has Dilate (slash for 1sp) and Bringer (kill for 1sp), why would anyone use Rasfel anyway? Moreover, he's 4* which makes him actually rarer than 5* (5* are guaranteed on lvl up and in gold box).

- Jerry
- Archer Scout

Jerry isn't that surprising, not every Volcano uses him, and those who do (like me) don't play him that often. He's fun to annoy Callonia, errr, I mean Refess players ;) but not terribly efficient. Archer Scout was almost exclusively Volcano prebuilt card, rarely used anywhere else.

- Mercenary
- Grebados

I though both were more or less perma UD. Mercenary was PITA in Crest, but rarely seen in Folrart. I'm not really sure why, he's borderline OP if not killed immediately. My guess would be: too many Gowen players with Fire Arrows and/or Athira Shin as growing-with-sp-invested unit. Orks are rare because they require 2 EX cards in addition to being scattered among several different sets.

Lawtia
- Gaieshart

There are cheaper, more common and more reliable cards that work with Shvara.

- Inside (really?)

You're trolling, right? Or maybe you meant some other card? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use him.

- MD Lycan/MD Fencer

Rasfel/Vosrot category. Not OP and require modyfing existing decks.

Refess
- Garfath
- Rubens

High rarity, narrow use.

- Folrart Greatsword Soldier

Another trolling attempt? This card is crap. People who want counter use Guardian, those who want tank use Elite Folrart Acolyte or, in rare cases, Folrart Heavy Knight (also UD BTW).

- Jade Buncle

Not in prebuilt. People who spend 1500 gran to get full deck usually won't spend another 1500+ to get playset of single card that might improve win ratio by few percent.

- Weiss

Yes, this one is really puzzling. All EM is UD ...except Verlaat. WTF?

Card that surprised me:
Folrart Mage+Magic Bolt - always thought it was quite common combo in Solar Kingdom decks.
Safiria - she's crap all right (really needs 0 attack 40 hp change), but I thought people at least would try her with Aphonce.
Beast Statue - everyone was so hyped about this card, it was supposed to be soooo amazing.
Carbuncles are not UD, while TGC, assassins and Duchy of Crest all are. Seriously? More people play Carbs than Crest? Hard to believe considering I haven't seen singe buncle deck in a looong time.
Seizan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Inside was the featured character in one of the best files from set 6. People not using him does not mean he's bad, it means they don't know how to use him.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Um, seizan I think you're exaggerating a bit, I think it's surprising that some of those cards are on the UD list (Allind, sea claw, vosrot, MD Lycan). Also Grebados is really powerful and it's strange how it keeps appearing on the underdog list even though it's somewhat hard to collect (it's weakness against the falkow sfere is that much of an issue?). Some of the other cards are pretty good too. GonFreeces is simply providing a service of telling us some of the good cards he sees on the list and that's basically subjective as everyone has their own idea about what's good.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

KP and Archer Scout really surprise me a lot. I guess they aren't trendy? But they are both good opens or simply good to have 1x of in a file. Some files have no answer for an early archer scout, or even a turn 3-4 archer scout.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard