Mammoth Brigade is this week's card

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Mammoth Brigade is this week's card

Postby Logress » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:32 am

Mammoth Brigade is this week's card of the week. It's Solar Kingdom, so it combos with all the solar kingdom cards buffers, and provides some of the highest HP on any LV 4 unit. You can find a set of three for sale in the CARD SHOP.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Mammoth Brigade is this week's card

Postby Khiruki » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 am

Oh, cool! I needed one more of these!
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:01 am

I recommend people get this. This is in my opinion the best level 4 card refess has including guardian, and it has great support with toromea.

Edit: I meant to say tank.
As for cards, maybe church paladin and catira are on the same level. That diva might be better tank though... hmm... But it's better than guardian imo.
Also a great anchor card for undeads/zug endgames.
Last edited by Icyman2 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 am

FINALLLY LOGRESS!!!
Thanks very much!
I've been wanting one for myself but never managed to get it.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 am

what`s so good about it?
ErnnLaties

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:58 am

ErnnLaties wrote:what`s so good about it?

If you have toromea on the field, it turns into a more hp belus for a level 4 though would have 10 less (but piercing) attack. And toromea has great stats too.
I'm just a huge stickler for units with massive amounts of hp, and this is one of them. It has even more hp than axe or ex dilate. That hp can be hard to get rid of and usually results in the unit acting, and it works well with zagar ss, revive and do 100 damage to 2 units ouch!
Icyman2

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 am

but being honest... thinking sp wise to maintain field and can only field 1 level 4 with toromea justice...

Catira or mammoth brigade basically? why why why why why isn`t toromea Solar Kingdom?

the only plus is that mammoth is SK and can be Aliria`d
ErnnLaties

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:06 am

ErnnLaties wrote:but being honest... thinking sp wise to maintain field and can only field 1 level 4 with toromea justice...

Catira or mammoth brigade basically? why why why why why isn`t toromea Solar Kingdom?

the only plus is that mammoth is SK and can be Aliria`d

On of the big weaknesses of that file is the fact that all the front line units are as fragile as hell. I played command dolls and I just spam slash every turn and 1 hit the front line (toro, justice, dual weilder or if catira, finish up with something else). My opponents probably would have won that game if they fielded mammoth brigade. The pierce would have also worked to their advantage b/c rose as 20 def due to lily's start, and if they're lucky, they might engage rose.
And sp is no problem with refess. The sphere generates sp like it's cake. Fluffy is infinitely better than owl sage and people have seen how owl sage can really gen, plus refess has wisp--salamander dodge. And toromea, if killed before he can act generates 2 sp, really 1 b/c you want to revive him but still, that helps.
Icyman2

Postby ErnnLaties » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 am

so u saying start mammoth and endgame catira to take down bringer?
ErnnLaties

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 am

ErnnLaties wrote:so u saying start mammoth and endgame catira to take down bringer?

That's a strategy.
I personally don't like catira unless facing bigs though. As hb said, the problem is that it's hard to find fast refess units and catira tends to kill refess units before they can act.
A lot of gowen units lack range. Jack is the only good one who has (range 2). If you field justice backrow and grimbane (refugee is a good pick b/c the file starts with not a lot of spare sp in the beginning and refugee leaves 1 for the next turn), you're going to give gowen a lot of trouble b/c they can't sakura justice/toromea. Sakura was the grimbane free tech open card, though now I also use ex amazon and hierrat flame open, though not many people do that and they cost sp. Remember how I sakura'd your esky and you complained a lot about that b/c dagon grimbaned all of my grims?
Icyman2

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard