Valentines Collecting Event Next Week

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Valentines Collecting Event Next Week

Postby Icyglare » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:23 pm

You're the one doing the fail troll here.

Last night when I played, with no event going on, everyone I faced was level100+ trying out some powerful card from Set10, and the room was filled with only 4 matches at the time so the probability of facing that same deck again increased.

During the collection events (which everyone in Alteil raved about after the first Snowflake event last year), I faced a multitude of different types of decks because more people were playing, people who usually play during just collection events appeared, and overall a better variety.

When I said opt out, I don't mean hand in your Alteil badge, just pretend it's a regular day and don't play because you want the cards K?

Seizan wrote:I never saw a single post complaining about participation event.

Not my fault that you're new here, forum regulars know that people complained about the 5 out of 7's before the move to Gamepot
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby CainHyde » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Icyglare wrote:Not my fault that you're new here, forum regulars know that people complained about the 5 out of 7's before the move to Gamepot

What was the complain again Icy?
One match per day for 5 day in a week is too much?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Icyglare » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 pm

I forgot what the heck they were, so many random complaints about everything. The usual one that pops up is (it's too random, I never win)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby CainHyde » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Icyglare wrote:I forgot what the heck they were, so many random complaints about everything. The usual one that pops up is (it's too random, I never win)

Now I remember.
One of them is about a staff (Forum Mod = Rom) winning 5 of 7 prize.
That was not funny at all.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:09 pm

I personally don't dislike the idea of collecting, but the return rate. It takes a large amount of wins and/or luck to get the main prize. With snowflake I would have liked getting Aano, but it would have taken me way too long, so I dropped out early (additionally 10 yellow snow flake for a single point card just isn't worth the time). If it would only take about 15~20 wins on average, people with less free time on their hand can also get the prize (with these kind of events we should calculate based on average drop chances and a winning rate of 50~60%, and not on ideal situations where we win 100% and always get the collectors item we need, as it takes about 4x longer than the ideal situation). I don't think the impact on the files running around is that much though, there's plenty of meta files to be seen outside these events as well.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:44 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:I personally don't dislike the idea of collecting, but the return rate. It takes a large amount of wins and/or luck to get the main prize. With snowflake I would have liked getting Aano, but it would have taken me way too long, so I dropped out early (additionally 10 yellow snow flake for a single point card just isn't worth the time). If it would only take about 15~20 wins on average, people with less free time on their hand can also get the prize (with these kind of events we should calculate based on average drop chances and a winning rate of 50~60%, and not on ideal situations where we win 100% and always get the collectors item we need, as it takes about 4x longer than the ideal situation). I don't think the impact on the files running around is that much though, there's plenty of meta files to be seen outside these events as well.

^This

Like I had to play something like 70 matches during the snow flakes event to get Igina. That was Christmas. I'm sorry but we are in the end of January lol and where are we supposed to find time to play 70+ matches?
wakka9ca

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:38 pm

its punishing people who don't want to go along with the power struggle.

i play UD all the time, its fun. i lose to lowbies regularly especially during the first few test runs but thats alright.

i always finish 5 of 7s.

i join tourneys whenever possible, practically always.

but collection... how little a life does one need to actually claim all prizes for this? i know many grinders do it for the e-peen but seriously, the majority of players will be troubled by the massive influx of metas.

i don't run any highly competitive meta files, WK is probably my most solid file. it takes me forever to grind up to the 2nd tier prize for this and sometimes i just tap out. its the mental exhaustion that gets to you after a while of back-to-back losses.

think any RPG or anime or movie, you'd think that hard work and never giving up will get you places...
Alteil says: "nope."
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 pm

you just need to SERIOUSLY lower the collection requirements... like for the snowflake event, make it 5 of each to get the top prize, 3 of each to get 2nd prize, and 1 of each to get the basic prize. Would make the world much much happier
ErnnLaties

Postby wakka9ca » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:46 am

From email:

ALTEIL ANNOUNCES COLLECTING EVENT, 100% TREASURE BATTLES, GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS, AND LITTLE MALICE ELLIE RETURNS

-Big Valentine’s Events for Feb, with more prizes and cards for everyone!

We’re starting with a Collecting Event with 100% Treasure Battles, just collect Valentines from Duels to win prizes. The more you collect, the better the prizes!

Valentines Free Lotto – next week, whenever you pull from the Free Lotto you’ll get two cards, one Collecting Valentine card, and one random card from all the female cards in the game!

Valentines Seasonal Cards will appear in game. You don’t have to do anything special, just log in as normal and look at your cards to see the new art!

And, they’ll be more Valentines events as we get closer to the 14th.

Hey. you can get collecting cards from free lotto + female card. It's not so bad :D
wakka9ca

Postby Alan Shore » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am

wakka9ca wrote:Valentines Free Lotto – next week, whenever you pull from the Free Lotto you’ll get two cards, one Collecting Valentine card, and one random card from all the female cards in the game!

Is this starting the 1st Feb as well?
Alan Shore

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard