Lucky Iczer

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Lucky Iczer

Postby edgarfigaro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:56 pm

In honor of launching the second expansion set, Wrath of the Four Gods, it’s time to give everyone a chance to get all those Basic Set and Expansion 1 Cards they’ve always wanted!

From now until launch on Monday morning, we’re giving the Card Lottery a kick in the percentages!

We’re also adding a new ranking to the main page, a constantly updating listing of our Lucky Iczers who score Rarity 5 cards or Prize Cards. Try the lottery and show off your big wins!
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Re: Lucky Iczer

Postby PeteyC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:48 pm

So, just how generous is this Lucky Iczer event? Not sure if I should spend my $$ on a a box set or on the lottery, so if anyone has any advice on which would be a better investment, I'm all ears.
PeteyC

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 pm

well I just bought 4 lottery cards and got nothing but 1 star rares : - / so yeah I don't know. That said, last time they had the "improved rarity" lottery I pulled two 3 stars in the only 3 cards I bought. Boxes are definitely better for guaranteed cards (your guaranteed at least 1 5 star and at least 1 4 star) but whether or not the lotterys odds are in favor of more high rare pulls I can't say, obviously my pulls so far haven't seemed to suggest such.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Grain » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

EdgarFigaro wrote:In honor of launching the second expansion set, Wrath of the Four Gods, it’s time to give everyone a chance to get all those Basic Set and Expansion 1 Cards they’ve always wanted!

From now until launch on Monday morning, we’re giving the Card Lottery a kick in the percentages!

We’re also adding a new ranking to the main page, a constantly updating listing of our Lucky Iczers who score Rarity 5 cards or Prize Cards. Try the lottery and show off your big wins!

This was a very vague announcement. You probably aren't supposed to say much.

Has the chance of only 5 stars been raised, or, all rare cards?
Grain

Postby edgarfigaro » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 pm

We have raised the chance to get rarity 3s, 4s, and 5s. Everything but the EX cards are included.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Is the increased rate higher then that of just buying packs cause as I understand it the rate for the lottery is normally below that of packs and now having gotten five 1 stars in five tries my luck seems to actually still be worse then if I had just bought a pack. I highly doubt it but any chance you could give some percentages (like normally your odds of getting a 1 star are 80%, 2 star 10% 3 star 5%, 4 star 3%, 5 star 2%, and now its some where around 75%, 10%, 8%, 4%, 3%?)
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Wow Dan, if you're estimates are anywhere near realistic than I must be the luckiest Iczer of all time. Go check my results in General Discussion and you'll see what I mean. I just think you had a string of bad luck in your draws.
Romdeau

Postby lupos » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:18 pm

While I can't say exact percentages I can say that Dans example of the change isn't to far off. I honestly don't know it myself as logress was handling that but basicaly the 1stars have been reduced a good margin, more than in dan's example, and everything else has been upped accordingly. Not sure if 2's where left the same or also bumped a bit.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby Grain » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 pm

lupos wrote:While I can't say exact percentages I can say that Dans example of the change isn't to far off. I honestly don't know it myself as logress was handling that but basicaly the 1stars have been reduced a good margin, more than in dan's example, and everything else has been upped accordingly. Not sure if 2's where left the same or also bumped a bit.

Bumping up 2's is a kick in the teeth.
Grain

Postby Logress » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:35 am

Everything has a better chance except 1's, which have a worse...

Also, the Lucky Iczer top three ranking has a bigger record, if you check out the Lucky Iczer menu option it pulls up a top 100 list.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard