this week's card of the week is...

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 am

The thing is, novice folrart acolyte uses a heavy flail/morgenstern, a very heavy and impractical weapon for a novice, which, if I recall correctly, Bopors insists on arming his troops with. This means you are slow, but you hit hard, IF you get to hit anything, but you are also wide open to attacks because repositioning takes quite a while if you're not used to the momentum a flail gets when you swing it (and possibly even harm yourself in the process), so the enemy really only needs one well placed stab and you're out.

Meanwhile the Armed citizen has a sword, while probably inexperienced as well, is much handier to use, especially considering they are planning to ambush the enemy (with 5 agi they go before other damage openings from units), as visible on their card art, but have 0 atk because lolinexperience.

I miss my old roleplaying days.
Image
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
User avatar
Shirozaki
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Capital of Books

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby serfiusstyx » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 am

So it's Bopors fault eh?

It makes for a funny image, Bopors instructing the new acolytes to use flails and half of them do damage to themselves with the unwieldy things, I understand why the Solar Kingdom's knight divisions are much...much more popular.
Earn Points...buy Ultimate Game Cards...for 0$
Image
For the Free Player.
User avatar
serfiusstyx
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:10 am

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby Khiruki » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Shirozaki wrote:The thing is, novice folrart acolyte uses a heavy flail/morgenstern, a very heavy and impractical weapon for a novice, which, if I recall correctly, Bopors insists on arming his troops with. This means you are slow, but you hit hard, IF you get to hit anything, but you are also wide open to attacks because repositioning takes quite a while if you're not used to the momentum a flail gets when you swing it (and possibly even harm yourself in the process), so the enemy really only needs one well placed stab and you're out.

Meanwhile the Armed citizen has a sword, while probably inexperienced as well, is much handier to use, especially considering they are planning to ambush the enemy (with 5 agi they go before other damage openings from units), as visible on their card art, but have 0 atk because lolinexperience.

I miss my old roleplaying days.


Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Khiruki
 
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:10 pm

On the upside, flails is good at caving in skulls. That zombie ain't getting up again.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby ZeroMan89 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Callonia wrote:On the upside, flails is good at caving in skulls. That zombie ain't getting up again.

well if deadliest warrior has taught me anything. its that the knight is seriously lacking in the armor department and can possibly can in his own skull w/ that morning star of his
User avatar
ZeroMan89
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Welp, now that the "inexperienced move" got removed...
Image
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
User avatar
Shirozaki
 
Posts: 1662
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Capital of Books

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 pm

I declare Novice Acolyte new OP lv1. Shade and Sally are now Obsolete.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
User avatar
GOSCAR
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 pm
Location: NJ

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby Callonia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:56 pm

GOSCAR wrote:I declare Novice Acolyte new OP lv1. Shade and Sally are now Obsolete.


Naw, Shade and Salamander do stuff in open phase. Novice Acolyte don't, that alone keeps shade and sally more stronger than him. However, he is a decent addition for a lvl 2 refess rush if it ever emerges someday.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: this week's card of t he week is...

Postby CainHyde » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Callonia wrote:
GOSCAR wrote:I declare Novice Acolyte new OP lv1. Shade and Sally are now Obsolete.


Naw, Shade and Salamander do stuff in open phase. Novice Acolyte don't, that alone keeps shade and sally more stronger than him. However, he is a decent addition for a lvl 2 refess rush if it ever emerges someday.

Addition or alternative card choice in Lv2 Refess royalty rush?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
User avatar
CainHyde
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 am

Previous

Return to Crest Courtyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests