What does it mean to be World Champion?

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Postby Logress » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 am

Find out this May, for the second US / Japan World Championship Alteil Competition! Last year a number of factors made the Championship difficult. Alteil, at the Championship level, is a game of inches – which is a fancy way of saying any disadvantage can snowball. So while this year’s World Championship will take place on the US Alteil Server again, this year we’re going to do things a little differently...

First step: eliminate the language barrier. This year, the Japanese will be playing with cards in Japanese. Seems reasonable.

Second step: eliminate the learning curve. You may have noticed that we’ve got a few cards here – yep, quite a number. Coming from Alteil JP, the Japanese players will have to learn our cards. To make it easier, we’ll be cutting it down to a list of about 300, with another 40 or so for some extra choices for Soul Cards.

Third step: cover Logress’ desk in doughnuts. The benefits are self-explanatory.

Also, to keep things interesting, this year it’s going to be TWO ON TWO. From each version, two of the top players have been chosen. And to represent US Alteil we have…

2011 GRAND CHAMPION ACES8

and

WORTHING

Two titans of US Alteil, who have proven themselves in Championship matches again and again. Now, let’s see what Challengers the Japanese team comes up with!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: What does it mean to be World Champion?

Postby Icyglare » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am

Representing the US side will be:

2011 Super Delicious Ultra Amazing US Champion and Savior ACES8!

and worthing.

-

I kid, I kid :p
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Ropey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am

That's unfair worthing is the US poster boy.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby fargone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 pm

But worthing tends to not play anymore, and no longer put any effort into this game... did anyone see his file choices in our last championship? Why not just call in mavel?

Aces8 is our 2012 champion. Firmament was our 2011 champ.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:42 pm

I did note one file.
I't don,t matter as hopefully we will all be side betting again?

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby 2xDouble30 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:06 am

Donuts... victory is ours.

But doesn't a smaller pool increase the likelihood of mirror matches? Hmmm... sounds not very fun.
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby worthing » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 am

fargone wrote:But worthing tends to not play anymore, and no longer put any effort into this game... did anyone see his file choices in our last championship? Why not just call in mavel?

Pixies that counter EN- effort considering he played EN
A new and revolutionary gowen rush (I like using big words) and yeah that file won a lot in folrart.
Big red- Stick to your guns is a pretty good phrase to describe this
Diondora control- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I have been playing a pretty nasty el ghandi file lately so hopefully I can run something similar in the tourney to make him popular since he is the most undervalued good card in my opinion
worthing

Postby Ropey » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 am

worthing wrote:
fargone wrote:But worthing tends to not play anymore, and no longer put any effort into this game... did anyone see his file choices in our last championship? Why not just call in mavel?

Pixies that counter EN- effort considering he played EN
A new and revolutionary gowen rush (I like using big words) and yeah that file won a lot in folrart.
Big red- Stick to your guns is a pretty good phrase to describe this
Diondora control- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And I have been playing a pretty nasty el ghandi file lately so hopefully I can run something similar in the tourney to make him popular since he is the most undervalued good card in my opinion

I could not believe your revolutionary gowen rush.It was almost UD file.Never would I have seen it.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby hexagram » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:45 am

So the gms took on my idea

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12531&start=10

hexagram wrote:Maybe commentary for the japan usa match - world/international champ. Hope it is less one sided.

I think instead of firmanent vs japan champ it should be a world champ with 4 players like our one maybe 2 from usa (aces8 +firmannent) 2 from japan(alteil 1 +2 champ/ top 2 in alteil 1). Problem is maybe too many players. Either they compete for the top player or compete as teams- can do both. If the Japan players are as bad as last year we could see another firm vs aces final. Funny if aces was US champion but firm kept his world champ title.

Some exhitbition matches may be good instead - maybe restrictions e.g. underdog or gm matches...

They prob did not read my post - someone may have passed it on or they came up with the same idea by themselves. Then again why worthing instead of firm. The 2nd guy would be one of them anyway - firm may not be available - anyway I am not complaining

The list of 350 ish cards is a good idea. I would say that they are pretty much the top 350 cards in the game. How many cards do we have - about 700?- basically mostly eliminated the rubbish/ mediocre cards - many underdog ones.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Romdeau » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:17 am

I wish to see this El Ghandi file in action.
Romdeau

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard