Legendary Unicorn is this week's card of the week

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Legendary Unicorn is this week's card of the week

Postby Logress » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Legendary Unicorn is this week's card of the week. That means you can get 3 copies for 40 Gran in the CARD SHOP all week.

Ever want to try Stardragon or just a big Refess file with cards like Shadow Spirit, Puppy Retear, Garfath, Pegasus Knights, Brutal Mammoth or Granvarion -- but you just didn't know where to start? Well, they say go big or go home, so why would you start with anything other than the biggest card you can? Try openig with a sacrafice unit, two Recovery Powders, and a LEVEL 6. Be sure to tweak your Souls to fit. And there's no better Refess level 6 to start with than Legendary Unicorn. His Auto Skill lets him solo a rush field, and his counter can make him suprisingly tricky to take down. That'll give you some time to generate some more SP and drop more bigs.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Legendary Unicorn is this week's card of the week

Postby Callonia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 pm

1) Legendary Unicorn is Summoned!
2) Bringer of Lame is Summoned!

3) Legendary Unicorn attacks for 30 damage! Bringer is wounded!
4) Bringer slays Legendary Unicorn for 130 damage! It's Super effective! Tricky Trick plays is locked!

5) Refess player sighs.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

:(
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Logress » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Gowen player has burned 2 Gowen levels and 1 SP, putting him 3 SP behind by turn 6...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Paper is paper while duel is duel. I summon bringer very early as turn 4-6 cuz its very advantageous for me to do so. Messed up quite a few enemies that way. Its worthwhile to deny easy SP generation for enemy. If i can get away with summoning bringer very early and slam down few star dragons while enemy don't have sp to kill him, so yeah, its gonna happen.

And, this isn't even mentioning Gowen's incredibly easy access to the game's best sp generator, Antilla. which's an falkow character.

SO yeah, legendary Unicorn can be decent at spanking rushes, but the Mids is where it's at these days. Rushes pretty much died out cuz too much hate on them or simply don't perform as much as mids does. Unless you're running lvl 2 rush like En or pixies. Just my personal opinion from what I've seen in duels anyways. I don't watch folrart 100% I'd fall asleep cuz i need sleep.

Of course, there's always good old Wizard Kingdom the only lvl 3 rush that's very hard to beat down. Proper Wizard kingdom file can bypass the legendary unicorn with incredible ease.

Here you guys go.

1) Alteil summons Math paperwork and logic.
2) Bringer summons Slaying strike.

3) Alteil uses Paperwork! Its ineffective...
4) Bringer uses Slaying strike on logic! Its super effective! Paperwork is slain!

5) Bringer has won!

This an old duel but illustrates the effectiveness of summoning bringer very early just fine.
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 9cd1486060

I haven't run bringer in like ages now.
Callonia

Postby 2xDouble30 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 am

One duel is one duel, and another is another. It's not super awesome, but seems really fun. I'm getting my set.
ImageImageImage
2xDouble30

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:35 am

Callonia wrote:1) Legendary Unicorn is Summoned!
2) Bringer of Lame is Summoned!

3) Legendary Unicorn attacks for 30 damage! Bringer is wounded!
4) Bringer slays Legendary Unicorn for 130 damage! It's Super effective! Tricky Trick plays is locked!

5) Refess player sighs.

Refess player plays Fortuna!

OR

Refess player plays beast statue!

OR

Refess player played Sunbeamcage!

OR

Refess player played Aano!
LoneKnight

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am

Sadly I'm not that impressed with legendary unicorn despite his buff. I've seen him get played after his buff a total of 0 times; For a level 6 low agi unit he seems fragile and if he gets a turn in it won't do all that much. Granvarion, Veteran Folrart Paladin and star dragon seem to be better units.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby Callonia » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 am

I've seen him played like twice. once against someone where his counter did much, and once against me where I didn't let him trigger his counter.
Callonia

Postby angelspawns » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

*Looks at Lvl5 Veteran Folrart Paladin*

*Looks at Lvl6 Legendary Unicorn*

He has 20 LESS stats then a Lvl5. If Alteil errata team wonders why he doesn't see play, i'd be more then happy to enlighten them.
You guys have the tendacy to go overboard on prenerfing the stats (and its distribution) of Refess units as soon as you see potential in them. If only you were this biased with Emana...
angelspawns

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard