Countdown to Doomsday

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Countdown to Doomsday

Postby ErnnLaties » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

i started playing Magic the Gathering haha. but I still have a small spot for Alteil. If set 11 is still free and in our accounts I might come back
ErnnLaties

Postby AlanK » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Sad face sad face they took everything and left us with the forums QQ.
Professional Spectator
Yuni City Duelists have free tea, what can I say
Was a Free player till lvl 140 ... I heart Alteil QQ.
ImageImage
AlanK

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:i started playing Magic the Gathering haha. but I still have a small spot for Alteil. If set 11 is still free and in our accounts I might come back

Ya it's a really nice game. I just hate the luck factor involved. Do you play online or did you get real cards?

I tried out Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 and 2013. Got bored pretty quick since i couldn't fully edit my decks and mix up cards as i please. :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:i started playing Magic the Gathering haha. but I still have a small spot for Alteil. If set 11 is still free and in our accounts I might come back

Wait... I thought you thought it was terrible how everyone was spamming miffy and verlaat and cfa.
Icyman2

Postby Gota » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:57 am

You know damn well those set 11 cards will be removed from our accounts lol, don't even lie to yourself thinking otherwise.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Godric » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:52 am

Gota wrote:You know damn well those set 11 cards will be removed from our accounts lol, don't even lie to yourself thinking otherwise.

I can't remember if it's been confirmed or not, but I think releasing set 11 for free was one way to test the set before it was released properly for sale like the rest of the game, and I kinda like this approach. From a free player's standpoint who never gets the higher rarity cards until much later when strategies and cards have already been tried by the rest of the community, it was a great experience to experiment with new cards and I honestly hope they do something like this with later sets. Maybe with a shorter span of time they'll be free, but it was a lot of fun to be one of the first to come up with new files for once.
[shameless link] I can still claim I'm a free player cause I haven't spent any of my money on the game, but instead I used Prizerebel to get my EX packs. Gran Train = viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11761
Image[/shameless link]
Godric

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:59 am

There was no such mention that the cards were given out to test the game.

There also wasn't a mention that we get our cards taken away!

All that was said is that we get the full set 11 for free. Now i want to see if it stays that way or not!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sure it would be nice to get the full new set for 1 week or 2 (as we just did with 11), then everyone was able to give their opinion! Much better testing of the new set! Yes godric it's a brilliant idea to have it this way, but this is not what they said they do.

In fact it seems much more reasonable to believe what was said than what wasn't said.
- set 11 is given out for free
- the way they errata and test cards stays the same, same small group of biased people doing the same mistakes over and over again
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:56 pm

Actually, the specific post in question said:

"Therefore, we will be releasing SET 11, a full 60-card set equal parts Refess, Lawtia, Gowen, Falkow and Multi-color, and everyone can use this set FOR FREE until the end of Alteil in six weeks"

The six weeks are up, so there technically is nothing said about keeping Set 11 beyond that. That being said, it would be a nice re-launch idea to let people keep some or all of the cards anyway (well, not more than 3 copies each of any card kept, obviously, so we can add recycle value to the whole set). Although, having perfect availability of one set and not the others is going to skew things like errata and underdog for a long time to come -- not to mention I've had as many requests to take Set 11 as keep it so far -- so haven't 100% decided yet.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Kittuns » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Logress wrote:Actually, the specific post in question said:

"Therefore, we will be releasing SET 11, a full 60-card set equal parts Refess, Lawtia, Gowen, Falkow and Multi-color, and everyone can use this set FOR FREE until the end of Alteil in six weeks"

The six weeks are up, so there technically is nothing said about keeping Set 11 beyond that. That being said, it would be a nice re-launch idea to let people keep some or all of the cards anyway (well, not more than 3 copies each of any card kept, obviously, so we can add recycle value to the whole set). Although, having perfect availability of one set and not the others is going to skew things like errata and underdog for a long time to come -- not to mention I've had as many requests to take Set 11 as keep it so far -- so haven't 100% decided yet.

You mean it makes it difficult to errata when all players have access to all the counters and therefore can fight the seeming "OPOP" with the proper counters they actually have? I think Logress is seeing the light here!

And honestly, anybody who says to take set 11 away...can someone tell me why it matters if other people have more access to cards? That's just maliciousness.

In any case, Logress, all decisions made for the game fall squarely on your shoulders now. No more "The Nice, Hard Working, Japanese People say XYZ". I for one would like to help with those, if only you'd let me >.<
Kittuns

Postby Logress » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 pm

No I did not mean that. I meant specifically what I said, "having perfect availability of ONE set and NOT the others". That's the only situation I was commenting on. There is a huge difference between that and "more access to cards". Increase card availability is a real problem that needs a real solution.

For one thing, what if there is a powerful 5* in set 11 that is easily countered by a 3* in set 10? Under normal circumstances, way more people would have access to the counter than the powerful card and it would be a non-issue. Or, what if there was a 5* in set 11 that was a perfect counter to a 3* in Set 10? Under normal circumstances, that 3* would be too strong because almost no one would have the counter. In both these cases, our present situation produces the opposite result of what would happen normally, and what will naturally happen in after X months of not having Set 11 available to new players (for free, anyway). In either case, my post was not taking sides on the issue, just pointing the issue out.

Also, I do have a few people willing to moderate now, hopefully I'll be able to get them started on the forums in the next day or two.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard