The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: The Great Set 11 Version Up Battle

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 am

MiKeMiTchi wrote:Do we get copies for every free card we have, or do we only get 3 copies (cards) at most?

Think about this for a sec. Do you think they would really grant gran value to every account that had 100+ 5 stars from set 11?

Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:17 am

Romdeau wrote:
MiKeMiTchi wrote:Do we get copies for every free card we have, or do we only get 3 copies (cards) at most?

Think about this for a sec. Do you think they would really grant gran value to every account that had 100+ 5 stars from set 11?

Seconded romdeau seconded.
Callonia

Postby methebest » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 am

Shirozaki wrote:No, set 11 powercreep has just done horrible, horrible things to Falkow which make Emana look tame in comparison.

it was pretty much a zero effort job to get it out in time and needs to be redone properly

also just give everyone with the free set 11 cards the full set without having to play its only fair tbh
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 am

Shirozaki wrote:No, set 11 powercreep has just done horrible, horrible things to Falkow which make Emana look tame in comparison.

Well i also see a lot of serpent decks, with very little new set 11 cards in them.

methebest wrote:

it was pretty much a zero effort job to get it out in time and needs to be redone properly

also just give everyone with the free set 11 cards the full set without having to play its only fair tbh

What i personally like a lot about set 11 is the fact that it's actually playable even against meta with low rarity cards. Some really rare aspect about older set cards.

And in fact most of the cards out there need to be redone because they are horrid. Set 11 is awkward in it's own way perhaps, but what's worse underpowered cards you never use or overpowered cards that you do like to use?

After redoing set 11 you'll see plenty of cards neutered and rendered useless, mainly low rarity, that's the alteil policy. Which makes me wonder why anyone should invite friends to this game. -.-
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Logress » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Wait, am I crazy, is this entire thread people interpreting 'version up' as me changing Set 11, when it specifically says in my first paragraph that the ONLY change is to add gran value?

Not that we're not going to do any errata at any point... but there's nothing that says that in my post.

EDIT, nevermind got it... too many vague posts on my zero-sleep brain confused me.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 pm

I have no idea what thread you were reading, but we are DEMANDING changes before we are enticed to play the game.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Logress » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:23 pm

if I thought I could leave the game on flatline until mystry man was done, I would. More sleep for me! But based on my records for the last few years, perodic events with tangible awards for playing battles in ranked arenas keep enough people in the arenas to allow the people who want to play, to actually be able to play... Without them, even in healthy times arena numbers don't sustain for weeks at a time (one of the reasons we're bringing up alternate gametypes in the other threads). Most or our collecting events can evolve 100's of battles to participate, I figure 10... 10 is a safe number, no one will have trouble doing ten battles (win or lose)... But if you are morally obligated not to fight in Folrart, I respect your decision. Alteil has done more than enough to deserve it in the past 4 years... Just email me at logress@alteil.com and we'll work something out.

Also, general note, please always include your Iczer name in emails to me... I know I should recognize everyone by email address by now, but brain's been a little soft.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GOSCAR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Logress wrote:no one will have trouble doing ten battles

WEEKS BEFORE AND DURING THANKSGIVING. I WORK A LOT DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

Then to add to it all we find the balance here boring and stale. Sorry but a game where it's all about going meta or go home with a few options in between is boring.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm

There is nothing that speaks against regular events, Logress. No one is disputing the value of certain (as grind-heavy as they may be) collection events.
After all no one forces you to get those snow flakes.

But this event brings an entirely new level of pressure because you LOSE something if you do not participate. Yes, any event that nets you a negative score if you don't participate is a bad event.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Icyglare » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Ah I see, at first I wanted to disagree but I see what you mean Shiro. I was actually thinking on how I would fit the time in to do this event with the main job and military while still being socially active because if I don't, I would lose out on the cards I have.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard