Point Card Launch Promotional Event

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Point Card Launch Promotional Event

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:34 am

on monday after server downtime probably
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Logress » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:35 am

Actually, you'll probably get it about the same time as you get the Monday Ranking Gran.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Peralisc2 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 am

Kamerynn wrote:I remember someone, in a long ago post, saying that they'd even pay as much as 2000 FM in an FM lottery for a one star. Well... how about 25000? Looks like we'll all be saving our point cards for the big rares, despite the fact that people like myself might finally want a playset of something more common (like, for me, a 3rd blitz soldier). It would be silly not to; who would spend 1/6th of the value of a 5 star on a crappy, dime a dozen one star? You'd have to be off your rocker or unable to do math.

I said that few times, but i asked for something like : include FM lotto with starters that cost about 1000 -> 2000 FM
Cant see yet which is better, but i am sure anyone can be a bit happier than without any change at all. Step by step we get somewhere, right?
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kamerynn » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:35 am

Agreed, my criticism is meant to be constructive. I believe this point card promotion would be best targeted at newer players. Although long standing players will benefit, they will not be spending point cards on 1 and 2 stars. Instead, they'll save up for higher rarity cards to complete what they've been able to get so far. Lowering the point card cost on the lesser stars makes the promotion more attractive to new and free to play players while leaving profits untouched.

The real motive to buy comes from, initially, filling out the card pool with a few play-sets in your favorite sphere. After that's achieved, it comes from wanting more, higher quality cards. People who spend big money won't spend less if there's a lower point card cost associated with common cards. People who spend nothing or are new will see a card *choice* in their somewhat near future (double exclamation point). People who spend a little will enjoy the benefit, although they'll still likely save up for a 2nd/3rd of that 3 or 4 star they have.

With the amount of 1 and 2 stars that even I get in treasure battles, I have no incentive to buy them with point cards. I saw my 3rd blitz in a treasure battle yesterday; I didn't win it, but I likely will before I save up enough point cards to buy one. Even if I don't, I'd not spend my point cards as I'd be 1/6th of the way to something that is top-end.

I believe lowering the cost to reflect the value would be wise; again, I like the idea prima facie. I'm certainly psyched about collecting them. I'm just trying to say what I think is reasonable.
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Previous

Return to Crest Courtyard