Point Card Launch Promotional Event

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Point Card Launch Promotional Event

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Everything is by site time, which is EST.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby lord0din69 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Assuming I'm not misinterpreting it, 2500FM for a Point Card, which value is 1 Point. So, in total it'll cost (if you were to just buy it all with FM) 25000FM to choose a 1star rarity card. :shock:

I think by the time I earn that much FM it'll be easier to just earn gran via MM instead to buy packs/boxes.
lord0din69

Postby Logress » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Mostly it's for getting the last few you need to hit your next trade in number, I don't think anyone's going to buy a 5 star rare with nothing but FM. Although, we do have a few Iczers who have saved up that much, believe it or not. If they earn some point cards they can use their FM to 'upgrade' their trade in by 10 points, enough to go from a rarity 1 to a 2, a 2 to a 3 or a 4 to a 5.

But you know some crazy Iczer's going to play MM for FM until he dies of starvation trying to get tens of thousands of FM.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Sigh, I hope there are bountiful opportunities to earn these points in future events so I don't have to wait a year to spend my points on a 3rd Renally.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Romdeau wrote:Sigh, I hope there are bountiful opportunities to earn these points in future events so I don't have to wait a year to spend my points on a 3rd Renally.

Its ironic, in the other point card thread when I mentioned my worry about how hard it was going to be to get so many points with such a high FM price tag you responded in a way that seemed very optimistic that through other events it would still be relatively easy to accomplish. Now you sound even more pessimistic about the situation then I originally did.

If they have a point card event like this one every weekend for the next year and you participate in and earn said point card every week it'll only take you 50 weeks (49 since we all were given one for free to start). There are 52 weeks in a year so it'll take just under a year. Get a few point cards via FM and it can be done in only 11 months, maybe even 10 months if your one of those crazy players who gets in 100+ battles in a given week and doesn't spend that FM on anything but point cards.

And thats assuming they hold these events every weekend, an assumption I just pulled out of thin air that has no real backing to it. So yeah, I can understand why the present situation might seem a bit depressing.

Can we get any word on how easy its going to be to get these point cards outside of FM and how frequent those opportunities will be cause right now I admit things do seem pretty daunting.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Irony aside, this helps those whom need to fill in the blanks with their 2 copies of either 1 or 2 star cards-it's the only system available. This is why I'm excited for the system's implementation at all-however, for those of us that are looking to complete a playset of higher rarity cards, it could be a long haul before we see results.
Romdeau

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:56 pm

Even for 1 and 2 stars though it seems its going to be a VERY long haul. First off lets once again make the completely guess work assumption that these point card events will continue to be a weekend thing that occurs every weekend from now on. This is a pretty big assumption thats probably wrong but lets just say that we do get an event every week. Now lets say theres a player, who may or may not be myself, who inspite of getting over 4 boxes worth of set 2 and having 3 copies of almost every 1 and 2 star (and even many 3 stars), some how only got a single copy of the 2 star he wanted most from the set. This player, lets call him DaveTheUnlucky, proceeds to participate in every one of these weekly events week after week and always meets the qualifications to get a point card. With 4 weeks in a month and needing 20 points for a 2 star card it will take him 5 months just to get said 2 star! But wait, DaveTheUnlucky needed 2 of said card because of his pack/box opening misfortune. Thus, in order to complete his play set of said 2 star card via Point cards he'll need atleast 10 months of every week participating in and earning point cards!

Even for a 1 star card you need a pretty grueling 2 and a half months. I know they don't want to have to be handing these things out all the time, but this kind of infrequency seems almost as if its pointless to have the system at all.

This is all based on the premise that there will only be one event every week to get 1 point card however, which is why I'm hoping that these events are in fact MUCH more frequent then once per week, and that occasionally they'll give out more then just 1 point card, but we haven't really heard anything on the subject so for the moment things seem kind of unsettling. In the end, even in the worst case scenario, point cards are something we didn't have before so getting something extra, even if its only once per year, is still better then getting nothing extra.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Peralisc2 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:02 pm

there will rather be sudden rewards that seem random and will pop up without you expecting it:
For example, Point Cards may be awarded for runner-up prizes in tournaments or contests. Often, we will grant Point Cards to every user who dueled in the Arena or who used the Shop during a specific time. You may find yourself accumulating Point Cards without even realizing it.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Kamerynn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Seems an odd amount of them to charge for low rarity cards. I understand that developers don't want to remove incentives to spend cash and keep the game alive. However, 25000 FM worth of point cards for a one star seems incredibly high priced (yes, I'm aware that there will be other ways of getting point cards). I highly doubt that anyone would ever waste them on a one star card. They quite simply aren't worth even close to that much.

This is implicit in the recycling values. One and two star cards recycle for 5 and 10 gran, respectively, if I recall correctly. 5 stars recycle for 300. There's a good reason for 5 stars being worth 60 times as much as 1 stars and 30 times as much as 2 stars: one and two star cards are a dime a dozen. I expected something more along the lines of 1 stars costing 1 point card (yes, only 1 - using the same ratio as the recycling values, 5 stars would still cost 60). However, I didn't expect point cards to be given out for this, that, and the other thing, as well as selling for FM. It seems to make the FM purchase of point cards somewhat pointless. After all, if I had spent nothing on avatars since I began playing, I'd have around half of what I need to buy a one star.

I remember someone, in a long ago post, saying that they'd even pay as much as 2000 FM in an FM lottery for a one star. Well... how about 25000? Looks like we'll all be saving our point cards for the big rares, despite the fact that people like myself might finally want a playset of something more common (like, for me, a 3rd blitz soldier). It would be silly not to; who would spend 1/6th of the value of a 5 star on a crappy, dime a dozen one star? You'd have to be off your rocker or unable to do math.

Edit: I realized that my point is worded strongly, and I don't want to sound like I'm not excited by the inclusion of point cards ;th2 I already have my five matches in ;)
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
-- Terry Pratchett
Kamerynn

Postby esaberia » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 am

do you get the bonus card instantly after 5 games?
esaberia

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard