Across the Spectrum 3 February 16th-March2nd

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Across the Spectrum 3 February 16th-March2nd

Postby Arakis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:45 am

Across the Spectrum 2 went quite well, despite the focus on what are classically considered opposing spheres. So why not keep up the trend? For the third installment of this contest, the combo focus will be on that cats-and-dogs, fire-and-ice pair, Gowen and Falkow. I predict a lot of files containing Pullermia, but with his low HP, he might not be quite as prevalent as Limier was for AtS 2. In fact, some of our Iczers may find good setups that don't need Proxies at all.

You have until noon on Monday, March 2nd. Remember to go heavy on the overall synergy (preferably including soul cards), but try to also make it an effective file that can win in official arena matches. As a reminder, you do not have to own all (or any) of the cards in your entry. When it's ready, send it to us at spectrum@alteil.com. May the most creative Iczer win!

--Arakis
Arakis

Re: Across the Spectrum 3 February 16th-March2nd

Postby Peaches » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:09 pm

So who else has entered? Front page says there's six of us, so at this point i'm guaranteed to get at least 2 point cards! woot! Although i'd be loathe to accept something I didn't earn, so I need the rest of you to submit something!

I wish I had the cards in my file... Or even half of them. :)
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby Arakis » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:26 pm

I can't drop names or give the exact number of entries so far, but suffice to say that as of now we're well beyond six. It's what I'd consider a full-fledged contest at this point.

If any current or potential entrants want to speak up and let Peaches know they're the competition, that's cool. But it's your call, not mine.
Arakis

Postby Gota » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:06 am

Raises hand* :)
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Peaches » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm

Gota! My Arch-nemesis! You're going down! :twisted:
Little leaf, green leaf
Gather light to you.
Little root, deep root
Bind the earth to you.
Mind the trunk that holds you high!
Mind the branches long and proud!
So strong stands the forest.
Peaches

Postby MyPixelGirl » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:07 pm

Me too.

I want to see a match between my contest submission and the other contest submissions. Wonder who will win.
MyPixelGirl

Postby Arakis » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:34 pm

So I seem to remember saying that entries for Across the Spectrum 3 were coming in more slowly than those for 2 did. We got a rush of them towards the end, though, and now we've received more total for 3. It's also proving more difficult this time to narrow them down to 6 right off the bat, so I think I need to do some extra testing. Feel free to drop by the training arena this week (mostly in the evening) to help out.
Arakis

Postby MyPixelGirl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:07 pm

just thought of a start that works for spectrum3 except it needs taiwan ex cards so doesn't qualify:

turn 1: exploding spores (1st ss= +2 sp
turn 2: proxy of flames
turn 3: meaning of failure
turn 4: hatred of flames/something (level 3 with 4 agility 80 hp 20 attack and 10 defence but dies to high gowen level)
turn 5: think it's called darkeye/weball (sets gowen level to zero)
turn 6: fire sorceress
MyPixelGirl

Postby Phades » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 pm

MyPixelGirl wrote:just thought of a start that works for spectrum3 except it needs taiwan ex cards so doesn't qualify:

turn 4: hatred of flames/something (level 3 with 4 agility 80 hp 20 attack and 10 defence but dies to high gowen level)

Should mix in a blitz soldier before wabell since you are tanking the sphere level anyhow.
Phades

Postby Gota » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Phades wrote:
MyPixelGirl wrote:just thought of a start that works for spectrum3 except it needs taiwan ex cards so doesn't qualify:

Should mix in a blitz soldier before wabell since you are tanking the sphere level anyhow.

Then u lose 1 more sp in addition to your 4, because you need to raise it 5 times total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard