Alteil Wiki?

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Alteil Wiki?

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:17 am

There should at least be a decent wikipedia site for Alteil.

Edit: I made one, but it's seriously nothing now, I don't have time and my english is not good enough to write an entire Wiki, please edit it if you can add something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alteil

Edit again: I bet it's gonna be deleted :(
Annoying.
Moozze

Re: Alteil Wiki?

Postby Logress » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Well, someone deleted it already, but we didn't do it. Maybe because it sounded too much like sales points? Don't know. I made an on site wiki with the idea of porting the glossary over to it and such, but I haven't had the chance to make one actually on Wikipedia yet.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Actually, there already is a wikipedia article about Alteil.

How should English Alteil be different than Japanese Alteil?
Last edited by Grain on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grain

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Grain wrote:Actually, there already is a wikipedia article about Alteil.

Should English Alteil have a different & separate article than Japanese Alteil?

I would say Yes it should because not all of us can read Japanese. Plus this is the English Alteil and it is slightly different then the Japanese Alteil...
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:39 pm

I've gotta assume you were being sarcastic Grain, right? By that same logic, why do we have an english alteil at all, we can all play on the japanese servers after all?

I've never really worked with wikipedia before so it may not be very well designed but I've put up a very basic initial page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alteil

Assuming it doesn't get deleted I'll probably go back and update it with more information as I find the time.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Hakuro de Killer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Maybe we (being us, the players because you staffers are a little too busy) should build an Alteil Wikia not unlike the Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia. If I have the time, I'll construct a bare bones version and everyone can fill it in properly.
Hakuro de Killer

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:49 pm

People were straying off topic so I split the promotions topic since this Wiki idea seems like something people would like to discuss further.
DWildstar

Postby Grain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Kyoshi wrote:I would say Yes it should because not all of us can read Japanese.

*Cue Sarcasm*

Really?
Grain

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:02 pm

X_X it was deleted within a minute of posting it, dang. I spent a good 45 minutes typing that all up and longer then that learning how to make a wiki page. There explanation to me was "Alteil is not a notable topic for a wikipedia article". What? Wikipedia is filled with articles explaining random things far FAR less notable then alteil. Obviously my lack of knowldge on how to use wikipedia is working against me cause I'm missing some key component. I'd even provided links and references too :(
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:23 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:X_X it was deleted within a minute of posting it, dang. I spent a good 45 minutes typing that all up and longer then that learning how to make a wiki page. There explanation to me was "Alteil is not a notable topic for a wikipedia article". What? Wikipedia is filled with articles explaining random things far FAR less notable then alteil. Obviously my lack of knowldge on how to use wikipedia is working against me cause I'm missing some key component. I'd even provided links and references too :(

I had the same problem too, how to cunstruct a wiki? I found out about the headlines and stuff but still... I guess you could copy the code from another wiki and fill it in for Alteil.

And did I really open this topic? I can't remember....
Annoying.
Moozze

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard