Alteil Wiki?

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Alteil Wiki?

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Grain wrote:*Cue Sarcasm*

Really?

Your sarcasm, sir, was ignored. And I was hoping you were joking with that comment.

@ Dan:
It is probably because Wikipedia likes to deal in nonsense. Maybe because the English Alteil is still just emerging and it finds it not notable as of now. Maybe try doing it in a few weeks or a months time.

Not that I don't find it ridiculous it said that.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Thats the thing, I copy pasted the exact site for another online card game, switched the name of the other card game with alteil, and then replaced the information in the various sections like "gameplay" or "general information" "sources" with the appropriate alteil information sources. I don't understand how the site I copy pasted is allowed to exist but mine wasn't. Perhaps it was created before creation restrictions were so ridiculous.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Maybe its because we lack references or sources? I'm not even sure what they mean with those...
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Like I said I had references and sources, I had a reference to another wiki page and a reference to www.alteil.com itself both of which I had set up in the traditional wikipedia format. I honestly have no clue what it is they felt the sites were missing.

Oh and for the record, you didn't create this topic, you started it in one of my topics that had nothing to do with this so one of the forum mods took it out and made it it's own thread.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm

It could also be that despite the fact Alteil has been in Japan for several years, it only just launched in the U.S. today. I think the people at Wikipedia think that it's not notable until it's been more well established with a wider user base. So it's something to think about, but probably a bit too soon.
DWildstar

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm

DWildstar wrote:It could also be that despite the fact Alteil has been in Japan for several years, it only just launched in the U.S. today. I think the people at Wikipedia think that it's not notable until it's been more well established with a wider user base. So it's something to think about, but probably a bit too soon.

I find that a bit weird, as stated before, there are articles about the most meaningless things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifluorom ... fonic_acid
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Moozze wrote:I find that a bit weird, as stated before, there are articles about the most meaningless things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trifluorom ... fonic_acid

Well, I don't think this is the best example of a superfluous article since that looks like something you would find in a real reference book.

I think Wikipedia is more particular about video or online game articles because they don't want Wikipedia to be used as advertisement. The only way that it's going to appear to be a necessary wiki instead of advertisement is if it's already well established. So I'd say be patient for now. Maybe in the future we could make a wiki for the site, but for now we don't have that kind of manpower. For now we need to concentrate on filling in missing sections of the website.

So I'd say it's on the "this is a good idea, but we can't do it now" list ;)
DWildstar

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:23 pm

I'll just agree then...
Annoying.
Moozze

Postby Kyoshi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:26 pm

In response to what DW said...

Like I said give it some time before we get worked up about it. While I think they should allow an unfinished article about it that is continuously building. But, eh, they are using a method that works for them and its understandable.
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby Moozze » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Kyoshi wrote:In response to what DW said...

Like I said give it some time before we get worked up about it. While I think they should allow an unfinished article about it that is continuously building. But, eh, they are using a method that works for them and its understandable.

How did they even find out Alteil isn't that big yet? And it just seems like an unfair measurement. Anyways, there is nothing we can do about it so we will just have to wait.

And I lvled your pokemon.
Annoying.
Moozze

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard