FUN IN THE SUN

Ongoing Promotions and Events

FUN IN THE SUN

Postby Logress » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 pm

It's time for our free Summer Tournament!

August 4th – 6th

This is our way of testing our Tournament system, and giving you a free chance to try out any card you want, any strategy and any Sphere.

New players, don’t hesitate to try out this Tournament to help you decide on what Sphere and what strategy is fun for you.

Prizes:

1st – 150 Gran, Magic Doll Avatar, Bikini System

2nd – 100 Gran, Magic Doll Avatar, Maid System

3rd – 50 Gran, Beach Avatar Background

Note: The pay Tournament originally scheduled for August 8th-10th has been postponed to make room for a very special surprise we have for the second half of next week!

Good luck, and have fun!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: FUN IN THE SUN

Postby Grain » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 pm

How does one register?
Grain

Postby shyster » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:46 pm

So how will the tournament work?

Can we choose three (the max?) of each card for our decks during this tournament? Can we edit our decks once we have played a match? As in could we start with a gowen, and then change to lawtia?

Are there tournaments each day with set times, the only thing I can use for reference here is b.net. Or will this be one tournament over three days? How will games be played, I saw earlier that it was swiss format for the prelims and then changes to single elim. But will we fight random people like we do in normal rooms, who are just of similar rank via the swiss format or do we get assigned people that we have to play within a time limit?

How much leighway is there in the swiss system? For example if I lose three games, with no wins or draws, but want to keep playing however everybody else who lost three games has quit and gone back to the normal rooms, will I be able to find a game? Is there a chance the same people are going to be fighting constantly if they are really high or low on the ends of the spectrum?

Lastly by pay tournament you meant FM right?

Those are all the questions I have, hopefully some actually get answered.
shyster

Postby DanTheTimid » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:48 pm

I literally already have all those prizes except the Bikini system, what happens if some one wins a prize they already have? Do they get FM (or Gran in the case of the bikini system) equal to what the prize originally costed them in its place?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby AnnaTheRed » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:30 pm

Logress will post more details about the tournament and answer your questions later.
Thanks.

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Tournament, haha

Postby Illyasviel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:33 pm

I just looked at the prizes, and got a chuckle. Not counting the Gran, of course, because we always need more of that, but as for the three avatar items as prizes. I already have all three! Haha, not like I'd win anyways, or even give a decent showing, but I still got a little chuckle out of that.
Illyasviel

Re: Tournament, haha

Postby DWildstar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Illyasviel wrote:I just looked at the prizes, and got a chuckle. Not counting the Gran, of course, because we always need more of that, but as for the three avatar items as prizes. I already have all three! Haha, not like I'd win anyways, or even give a decent showing, but I still got a little chuckle out of that.

I moved this post to the main tournament thread, no need to make a whole new topic for this comment.
DWildstar

Postby reddwood » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 pm

i think after a short time most peoples bikini cards will be returning to normal. so this allows u to keep them
reddwood

Postby Tenkai » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

So the tournament starts at 0:00 EST / 6am GMT+1 ?
Tenkai

Postby dobaer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:24 pm

Grain wrote:How does one register?

Did i miss where this question was answered? Can we register in advance and build our decks, or is this a 'login when the tournament starts' kins of thing?

:?

Thanks!
dobaer

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard