FUN IN THE SUN

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: FUN IN THE SUN

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 am

ManiacalSoul wrote:I've just picked my sealed card file and am making my deck and have noticed something. There's 3 of every card... except for Lebeau. Is it deliberate limitation of allowing only 1 lebeau? Just asking to make sure.

Logress and I have been discussing with Japanese Alteil staff about LeBeau, and how many people are complaining about it.
He is indeed a bit too strong if there are 3 in a row. So yes, it is deliberate limitation!
You will only get ONE LeBeau for this tournament.
Since we couldn't ban him (LeBeau) from SS, we actually thought about banning him altogether, but it would be a bit harsh.
Some people may have wanted to use him as a Unit, but this tournament is for FUN!!
Sorry LeBeau fans...

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 am

mmm... wouldn't it be a good idea to put a reminder in the homepage like "TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED START YOUR HORSES SIRS!"
?
teasel

Postby Grain » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

teasel wrote:mmm... wouldn't it be a good idea to put a reminder in the homepage like "TOURNAMENT HAS STARTED START YOUR HORSES SIRS!"
?

The tournament has already been announced, and there are still people int he normal arena!

I went to the Folrart arena and told every person I saw to go play in the tournament immediately. They didn't even know we're having one at all!
Grain

Postby teasel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm

ahahahah yeah today i noticed only because someone posted in the forum something along the line of "today i fought a japanese in the tournament"
teasel

Postby Daunt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:12 pm

I am getting my face kicked in nearly every game by people who out level me by large gaps but......

Its still quite a bit of fun :o
Daunt

Postby shyster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:46 pm

I agree, my first two battles, last night like thirty minutes after the tourney started, were against people level 25 plus. Needless to say I got trounced.
shyster

Postby razorbubble » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Slowly but surely, I'm beginning to see everyone play Lawtia now.....lack of diversity.
razorbubble

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 am

Well the biggest issue I have with this system is, as I understand it, you need to not just be good, but have no life. The player with the most stars wins right? So I could go undefeated but if I only find time for 20 games (so 20-0) but another player goes 41-20 cause he's got more free time available to him, he'll win and I'll lose cause he gained +21 stars total, I only gained +20.

Now I don't expect to be undefeated (infact at the time of this posting I've already lost twice, 7-2) but the fact that atleast so far it seems treasure battles don't occur, my wins don't count toward my overall wins, nor toward my guild points, nor toward my rating, heck I don't even know if these games will count toward next mondays ranking gran, these things all leave me with only 2 real reasons to play in this tournament. These 2 reasons being either because I think I have a shot at winning or being just to try out decks. So far I've been trying out all sorts of decks I always wanted to try, which is fun don't get me wrong, but I don't really foresee myself having enough free time during the week to compete with people with more free time then me so I kind of feel like I'm not really playing for anything, like I'm in the training room.

Incidentally... it would be REALLY awesome if the training room allowed you to try out all the cards like this to help players get a better feel for exactly what deck they want to run and which cards they really want to try to get out of packs to make their ideal deck.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby azarael » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 am

My primary concerns seem to be mirrored by Dan here. :D

-Az
azarael

Postby Eeyore » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 am

I'd like to say thanks for running the tournament in this "any card in any deck" type format. It is a lot of fun and I've been able to confirm what I thought all along. Gowen is a monster if they have the right soul cards and 3 panther souls. The huge downside to this is that after using these ferocious Soul Cards like Peregrinne/Eskatia/Bounty Hunter my piddly Row Damage cards are severely out-classed.

So when this tournament is over and I go back to using only 1 Panther Soul and Row Damage Soul Cards instead of two 30-40 damage strikes (not to mention the limiter on Labeua's and the fact that I get to use one myself in the tournament) I will be going back to around 40-50% winning instead of the 75-90% I'm at now.

The nice thing about this tournament that I've noticed is that there are some creative decks that are capable of winning in different spheres. I've lost to a Falkow return deck when I was experimenting with Lawtia (Lycanthropes + Eskatia), I've lost to a Gowen rush attack deck, and also to Lawtia.

I suggest to everyone to put in one Dispel card into your card file no matter the sphere you select. With the limiter of only one Killing Machine allowed per File this is easy to counter using Dispel. In this tournament the game doesn't revolve around Killing Machine. This is how the game should run normally. Or somewhere close to this.

The nicest combos I've seen are Flying + Roaming Warrior of Gowen in the back row, and for Falkow I saw someone use Witch Queen to buff Peregrinne's Defense against my Gowen file.

I've noticed even with the open card files Refess still sees limited amount of play. I think one of the main drawbacks to Refess currently is that they don't have a consistent proven way to open the game against all sphere's.

Gowen, Falkow, Lawtia all have a couple solid ways to start where they don't need to know the color they're facing. I don't see this with Refess. Or at least not as strongly. The safest I've seen is Acolyte or the level 2 that has 0 attack.

On another note for Refess players. You may look into using Light Chaser as your first Soul Card. I tried him out with Lawtia and the little rabbit was consistently cashing in on 2-4 SP. You have to time when your first unit dies (or more accurately when your unit dies that will activate your first SC) to maximize the reward. I personally play very fast with low level units so I didn't stick with it as I think heavy damage Soul Cards are the most dependable field control money can buy.

;a40
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard