Article Submissions

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Article Submissions

Postby lupos » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 pm

So, nothing official here but I just wanted to get some conversation about it going. We want articles about the game. Strategy guides, Deck building guides, Pro tips, Sample hi level card files, whatever. We're open to ideas. The every card rated articles are great but a bit too "opinion piece"-ish for the main site I think. Now, I know writing a good article can be a bit time consuming and tricky so if you submit something to us and we use it we will of course want to reimburse you somehow. The question then is, for user submitted content, what do you would be authors think is fair? Also, any suggestions for types of articles you'd like to read/write, please share 'em.
;a30
lupos
Site Admin

Re: Article Submissions

Postby Candi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Gran?

Special Avatar bits for Article writers?

Umm? Not sure what else there is to offer - FM is something we can rack up pretty quickly if bored and playing MM and cards are a bit steep of a gift methinks, but gran and/or avatar bits seem reasonable. Especially if the avatar parts are unique.

You could even have contests for articles. Pick a topic - say deck that contains cards of no rarity higher than 3 star - then offer up a prize for best article (voted by community or by you guys) and the best ones get put up on the main site, the rest get lost on the forum - and you guys give a grand prize to the winner, perhaps some honourable mention prizes if it was a close race or if some of the articles are just smashingly good.

As for topics, I would like to see articles about (as suggested above) low rarity files. Perhaps some general stratagem as well, because at this point we have little lore so general deck building tips and tricks would be nice if someone wrote it up. Advanced Card Files are nice, but usually very expensive and only the super serious money swimming in or super lucky players get to run them - so they are neat to read about, but less practical and I am a fan of practical.

~Falkow Forever ;a38
Candi

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Gran is the easy gift, free cards can work too. As for the size of the prize, really depends on how many articles you plan to except and give prizes to, if only a select few will make the cut the prizes should be pretty significant (4 or even 5 star rares, EX cards, etc, 300 gran) if many will be used then smaller prizes are more reasonable (3 star rares, 100-150 Gran). Past limited time goodies can be nice too, bikini magic doll, maybe a set of the summer art cards.

I've written articles for years (used to get paid 10 dollars an article to write articles for the UFS card game) so I could go through any of my past article types if I was to write anything, commentaries on the current meta, basic deck building tips for beginners, advanced deck building tips, in game strategies, or my oddly popular puzzle/story articles where I had a cast of characters in a continuing story with each episode ending in a puzzle that the readers would try to solve and then in the following article I'd give credit to all those who solved it as well as reveal the answer.

As for what I'd like to read, I'd like to read some storys of epic battles people have had, game recounts where both players were of equal skill and the fight came down to the last card played. On a similar note, I'd like to see some snippets from fights with player commentary on what they or their opponent did right or wrong at that point, why it was right or wrong, and how it lead to their eventual victory or defeat.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:49 pm

Prints would be a wonderful reward! I so want a Witch Queen Print!
Candi

Postby Meshenka » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 pm

I would be careful with giving away too much too early. High rewards means everyone and their dog will send in articles and sometimes the dog's view on playing Lawtia will be the best of the lot. This might seem like a good idea, but the editors will have to wade through all the cr- errm, low quality articles to find the diamonds.

I would personally only reward a consistent stream of high-quality articles that are placed on the site. I would be very careful with awarding Gran, so I would start with a small article-writers only avatar upgrade, such as nerdy glasses or a flipbook :). A nice status symbol that shows everyone that this person they're playing against writes articles. After that, a slowly increasing amount of Gran for each article after the first to an upper limit. For example, 5 gran for the second article, 10 for the third, 15 for the fourth and 20 for each one after that. Giving writer-only Avatar upgrades seems like a very good idea, too.

Yes, that's not a lot. But people who want to write and have insights to share are usually enthusiastic enough to do so on their own. My personal experience learns that they need mostly recognition, of which monetary rewards are just one option.
Meshenka

Return to Crest Courtyard