New Promo event... Missions!

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: New Promo event... Missions!

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 pm

why not give a consolation prize at least? say when a treasure battle happens the winner get the card and the loser gets 5 gran for example... or if you want to give actual gran with games and do it so that people don't abuse the system why don't put limitation like you don't get the reward if you don't play at least 15 turn (or 5 minute) plus i had a lot of treasure battle with low winning streak (i'm starting to think your level is related because when it happened both me and the opponent were around lv 20-25) but that didn't stop me from playing the game normaly

the problem isn't about rewards,it's that to win (or to make a different deck so that you finaly stop playing the same game over and over) you need the reward and to get the reward you need to win... it's a vicious cycle

i think it's a good thing that it's quite hard to obtain everything (or else everyone would run with an eskatia deck which is more or less what happened during the tournament) but for a player who doesn't buy gran i want to graduate from my gowen deck and want to create another deck yet i still can't because with 4 cards at week i still miss a lot of key card such as sea hunter or shade
teasel

Postby Phades » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

DWildstar wrote:I think it's a good system to reward people who are doing well, but if treasure battles are going to be fairly frequent for people on a losing streak what's to stop them from giving up every time they see it's not a treasure battle? Also I've seen it suggested that winners and losers win Gran for duels? The same thing could happen where people would get into a match, and just give up to get their bit of Gran then repeat.
Script check give up button option disables the prize, have a minimum turn length played for prizes, another script check logs for frequent disconnections for flagging and error reporting since it isn't always the player's fault and would have to be investigated.
Phades

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:33 pm

oh yeah a daily limit could also be put in... the thing that stop everyone to only play mirage master is the fact that there is a daily limit in it... you know the more i think about it the less sense it makes,if you play a console tcg (say... the latest yugioh) you get cards by actualy playing the game,they don't pull a match the cards minigame and tell you to play that... mirage master just looks like a jump trough the hoop exercise put in here to see how patient the people are (since with the rule mirage master follow it's more like a patience test and less like a minigame and the more patience you have the more chance you'll endure trough the hardest level) wouldn't it just made more sense if you got say... 5 gran every victory or 2-3 games played (so even people with not so great ranks have an actual reason to play... maybe we could even see someone playing refess!) with a limit of max 30 gran per day?
teasel

Postby lupos » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 pm

The reality is its more a matter of only giving away free money to those who are willing to take the time to get it. Too young to have a job to earn money? Least you can spend a little time each day to scrap together enough change to buy a pack or play the lottery every so often. I personally would prefer a game of skill, but the good thing about MM is that you can still win with luck, so while it may take longer, you always have a chance to get something. If it was a skill based game it would be one more thing favoring the winners. Gotta have something for the other half.
lupos
Site Admin

Postby teasel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:55 pm

The reality is its more a matter of only giving away free money to those who are willing to take the time to get it.

the free time is 5 minute and the "free money" is 15 cent and is used to buy something that doesn't exist... if you don't see what's wrong with this then i don't know what to say
EDIT: i'm sorry it's the word "free money" that quite annoyed me for tons of reason... first it's not real money (and it's 30 cent at max... i can't believe someone could be that stingy) developer don't lose anything by giving you free gran (which is especialy more true when you consider the top player gets 1-2 dollar worth of gran) second this is uspposed to be a free game,so by giving player the free money you are actualy doing just your job and nothing special third the problem is that you gets this by doing something that is completly unrelated to the main game when they could just give you the prize by actualy spending time with the game
If it was a skill based game it would be one more thing favoring the winners. Gotta have something for the other half.

è_e if it was a skill based game,people wouldn't have to spend so much time until they get the right combination of card... i also don't see how it would be favoring the winners,they don't need the extra gran,it's the player without the gran who can't afford to have 3 copies of even the most basic commons who needs the gran
Last edited by teasel on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teasel

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:56 pm

DWildstar wrote:
DanTheTimid wrote:In the end it's another event that only rewards winners, and that's the main reason people aren't playing, cause they're not winning and Mirage Master is their only way to get new cards without winning (or spending money).

People aren't playing? Last I checked Folrart has been steadily gaining new players. When I check early in the morning the player numbers are actually around 50/50 between Crest and Folrart (changes later in the day obviously) I've seen you discuss how Alteil rewards only people who win a lot before, but what do you believe the solution is? You want to reward people who are losing?

I gather from your previous posts that you think treasure battles should be more frequent for people who are losing, but where do you draw the line? I think it's a good system to reward people who are doing well, but if treasure battles are going to be fairly frequent for people on a losing streak what's to stop them from giving up every time they see it's not a treasure battle? Also I've seen it suggested that winners and losers win Gran for duels? The same thing could happen where people would get into a match, and just give up to get their bit of Gran then repeat.

Well you misunderstood me with that quote, my apologies for not being more clear. I didn't mean to imply no one is playing the game. But not everyone who has an account is playing alteil, many are just playing their one game a week and then mirage master once a day. Their active, yet not truly active, and the primary reason their not being active in alteil, only mirage master, is because the alteil game rewards winning and their not winning very often. It's not just a personal opinion of mine, many people have came out and said it both to me and on these forums.

And yes, yes I do believe people should be rewarded even if their losing. This game has TONS of rewards for winning, tons of them, adding some rewards just for playing or even really small ones for losing would not change the fact that its still more advantageous to win.

As you noted I've stated before I feel one such solution is to give a gran per game played to completion. The key in my plan was that I felt completion should be defined as say, at least 8(exact number is up for debate) turns before giving up, or until it ends with out some one giving up (the goal is to set a completion requirement that reduces a players ability to just purposely lose to gain gran). In this manner players are encouraged to actually play the game to get gran (even if their losing their still getting it) rather then rely on mirage master for their gran. Yet even if players do play until the completion requirement and then lose on purpose its not a huge influx of gran, you have to play 150 games just to earn a single pack (400 for a EX pack). Also as I've (and now other people in this thread) stated before if your truly worried about people purposely losing you can put a daily cap on gran that can be earned in this way too.

Another suggestion I have is that instead of breaking the rooms up by level, you break them up by RP, in this manner if a player reaches an RP bracket that is too much for them, they will lose their way back into the lower bracket and get to once again play opponents more on their level. Right now once you reach the 10+ room if things are too tough many people seem to feel their only option is to create a new account to get back to the arena they had at least some success in.

I also really like Teasels idea of having a consolation prize, 5 gran like he suggested, for losing treasure battles. That would make this mission WAY more enticing to the non top players/non 1-9 room players.

All that said, I'm only providing these suggestions cause you asked for them, I'm well aware they won't happen cause they didn't happen in the Japanese game. I don't think a mission like this is the answer to getting more people to play, but I don't think it will hurt either, I can only see it being a positive, and I'm happy to have such an event.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Logress » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm

The Mission Event now has a an entry on the Event Calendar on the main page. By the way, if you've never used our EVENT CALENDAR you should try it out, it's a nifty little web gizmo.

Here is the copy...

Mission Event: Treasure in the Ruins

From August 27th - September 3rd (End, the rate of Treasure Battles will increase, and the chances of getting a higher Rarity card from a Treasure Battle will also increase.

In the wild lands of Lavato, outside of where the mercenaries of Heierrat make their homes, are countless ruins left over from the ancient battles of the gods. The promise of treasure draws adventurers from all kingdoms, frequently turning the ruins into a battlefield!

Don't miss this chance to get free cards in the Folrart and Crest Arenas!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Xovian » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:54 pm

I think it's been said by others.
Just thought I'd say it here since this thread specifically talks about the current event.

I talk with a number of iczers both in and out of game (handy little thing the in-game chat rooms) and many have seen the same as me.
I think most people who play a fair amount or more have noticed the higher amounts of treasure battles, but I've not heard of any person seeing "higher rarity". Personally, I think I have seen one 3star, but most are 1 or two stars.

Some may think i have an interest in getting higher rare cards, but that would be false since I have 3 of all but one card (Dical). So seeing higher rares will not effect my experience in this game currently. However, from someone who has no interest in getting more cards, I can say with some certainty that the rarity increase is not and has not been noticed by a good number of players. Even those of us who play fairly often, and for decent amounts of time. You can check my logs Lupos, there are times I've been on for 9 hours straight or more.

If the event runs again sometime in the future, I would hope that this would at least be tweaked to some extent. Given that the event is almost over, shouldn't we have seen at least a couple people saying "yay i won XXXXXX (4 or maybe even 5star) card in a treasure battle!" by now?

Food for thought, for both Lupos and Logress.
I'm Chromatic, I embody all Spheres.
Xovian

Previous

Return to Crest Courtyard