Summer Champ Questions

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Summer Champ Questions

Postby LegendsEnd » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

By sealed card file, does that mean everyone is playing with the same set of cards to make a deck or is it just the same deck?
LegendsEnd

Re: Summer Champ Questions

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Sealed deck means you play with what they give you. I remember during the last tournament that we had to "choose" one deck and it was considered a sealed deck tournament by technicality, so I believe there will be several choices and that is what you will be fighting against/with.
Romdeau

Postby LegendsEnd » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:40 am

Says 30th gets a prize too, is this a lucky number or does it include all participants from 4-30? I ask because it seems there aren't even 30 contestants lol.
LegendsEnd

Postby erestor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:54 am

LegendsEnd wrote:Says 30th gets a prize too, is this a lucky number or does it include all participants from 4-30?

in the thread Summer Champion Tourney and Mission Event

AnnaTheRed wrote:The Iczers in 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and 30th place get prizes. Not from 4th-30th.
Wisp wrote:It makes it more of a random consolation prize...

Our intention exactly.
We stole this idea from Japanese Alteil. Even though you aren't as good as the top 3 players (or top 29 players), you may still win a card!
Sure it's only a rarity 3 card, but it's better than nothing. ;)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Postby Thespi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Considering there is a minimum of 10 games to be played to qualify for "ranking" in the Tournament.... What happens if there are not 30 qualified players?

*wondering* since... well.... that's about where I'm ending up! I didn't get the best draw for the sealed pack and don't have much money to "switch" to a new chance...
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Postby Romdeau » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:10 pm

There should be more than 30 when this tournament ends, but I assume the default answer will be that whomever is last will receive the prize.
Romdeau

Postby ManiacalSoul » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:30 am

The tournament has ended... and there are only 27 players who have played at least 10 games... So does the 27th place finisher get the 30th place prize?
ManiacalSoul

Postby Wisp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:05 pm

It seems kinda wrong to reward the person who came in last... the whole 30th placement was supposed to be kinda... random. Last place isn't random, just like first place. But unlike first place, all one would have to do is not win a majority of the time to get there. :/
Wisp

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm

It would seem likely that no one gets the 30th place prize, there was no 30th place. Although the prize was sort of random, it also was sort of a way for giving an extra prize if there were at least 30 participants. Since there weren't enough participants to even reach 30, the prize was thus not justified.

Who knows though, in the end its there final call, maybe they'll just pick some one randomly instead (or the 27th person as was suggested). However they do it though people shouldn't complain because by rule no one actually earned the 30th place prize.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Wisp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:32 pm

It's kinda sad to see such a small turnout... but can't say I'm suprised.
Wisp

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard