Summer Champ Questions

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Summer Champ Questions

Postby AnnaTheRed » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:21 pm

Proxy and Candi are correct. You would've gotten 50 gran if 5 duels or more.

I've tried my best to be qualified for the ranking until 3:00 in the morning, but couldn't find anyone. T_T
So I understand everyone's frustration about not getting opponents to duel.
I started out late and played a little on Saturday night, and couldn't go online until later on Sunday.
I should've dueled more in the beginning!
Still, I did have a lot of fun at this tournament. I think this tournament has taught everyone to be more creative. I discovered very useful SS which I've never used before, and I might put some Lv.1 cards back into my card file...
And the best thing about this sealed tournament is, you can always say "Well, it's not my real file..." if you lose. :P

We, Alteil staff, have learned a lot from this tournament. We've already started discussing about what we should've done and what needs to be changed in the future, and we would like to take everyone's opinions into consideration to improve the next tourney.

In any case, we'd like to thank you for participating the tournament, and sorry if I was too chatty and kept you from dueling more!

AnnaTheRed
;a40

P.S.
As for the 30th place prize, Logress will post an answer shortly.
AnnaTheRed

Postby Logress » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 pm

I think the number one thing I learned from this tournament, is if you're going to use this format, (and there is a lot I like about it) it has to be 1 day unless you're sure you're going to get over 100 people. It might work a bit better in Japan where there is only one time zone, and you can pretty much count on everyone being on line at about the same time. I think lack of opponents over the weekend was the number one reason a lot of people didn't play their ten matches (they couldn't!), the second being a disappointing start combined with being intimidated by the top player's scores.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Thespi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 pm

I had fun, even if I did draw a deck that was not so great (my record shows that). I even rearranged my deck, in a major way, three times, with the last one bringing me my final/third win.

I think this Tournament highlighted how clan/colors can combine to produce interesting, and potentially strong decks for regular play. It also made those of us running a deck that is different from our usual to think and strategize outside the box a bit more, too. :D

When I saw I was losing more than winning... I cheerfully told others I was aiming for that 30th spot! *L*

Anyways, whichever way it happens... I get my 50 Gran and the memories of playing interesting games with fellow Iczers (and two GMs!)

I ran a ;a38 splashed with ;a41 , then changed and splashed with ;a40
"A Lady should be more elegant," - Lumiere (Kiddy Grade)
Thespi

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Splish splash! I'm takin' a bath!

Normal conversation may resume.
Romdeau

Postby Wisp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:47 pm

All in all, it was a lot of fun and would love to see more in the future!

Though as a suggestion, I would have something more as an incentive to get people to participate - especially when it is a pay to enter tourney.

Congrats to everyone who won and Parn for his luck! :D
Wisp

Postby Ekin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:30 pm

Prizing down further would encourage more people to participate as well as enter, imo. I was all set to play, then found out 4-29 got nothing but 50 gran back. I wasn't sure I'd have time for the 10 games (parents are visiting right now) so I stayed out.

Personally, I think whomever's closest to 30th place should get the prize. As I know Justice personally, I may be biased, but I can also tell you he didn't throw games; he tries to win every single one, and it seems his card pool/who he got paired with prevented him from doing so. I don't see the harm in giving him the prize, nor do I see why everyone would want keep the prize from him.
Ekin

Postby Romdeau » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm

According to a recent NEWS article, the selection of the 30th player was cancelled and changed to a random draw. Place #20 received the prize instead. I'm sure our GMs are aware of our concerns, especially the lack of incentive to really participate besides having some fun. Let's face it, 4 people being rewarded for a gran entry fee tournament is pretty weak. It's been pointed out before by another forum member (can't remember who) that this is exceptionally unusual for any CCG or TCG. I expect our next tournament will be a little more lucrative with the prizes, but they may increase the entry fee because of this.
Romdeau

Postby slashzero » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 am

These guys have a point. After I first lost a duel I kinda lost my motivation to play beyond 5 matches... which I didn't even do anyways, due to lack of people to play against.
slashzero

Previous

Return to Crest Courtyard