Prize Cards?

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Prize Cards?

Postby Souldier » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm

I just noticed this in the e-mail sent in the inbox under the Mail tab:

PRIZE CARDS
Starting on Monday the 25th and lasting until further notice, there will be a chance to get a “Prize Card” in the Shop’s Lottery. Prize Cards can be exchanged for a variety of real-world prizes. If you’d rather just have the Gran, the Prize Cards will also redeem for 150 Gran each.

What kind of prizes are these, or is it too early to say?
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach; be sure to stab with an upwards motion!
User avatar
Souldier
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Another question - like most real-world prizes does one have to live in the US to claim such a thing?
Image
User avatar
Candi
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:52 pm

My guess is that they will vary, but I'd be surprised if they don't include prints. Here's hoping for shirts and puff ball plushies. I think shirts are always great prizes cause they also serve the dual-purpose of cheap advertising.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby Grain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Candi wrote:Another question - like most real-world prizes does one have to live in the US to claim such a thing?


Probably has something to do with your Canadian trading laws.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby Candi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Grain wrote:
Candi wrote:Another question - like most real-world prizes does one have to live in the US to claim such a thing?


Probably has something to do with your Canadian trading laws.


No, I believe it has to do with US laws and them giving prizes to non-US residents or something.
Image
User avatar
Candi
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby Grain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Candi wrote:No, I believe it has to do with US laws and them giving prizes to non-US residents or something.


I think it's the Canadian laws.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby erestor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 pm

you also got to remember that the company that brought it to the u.s. is based in new york thus it will cost more to send it to another country...especially over seas. not that canada is overseas.
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
User avatar
erestor
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: mcallen texas...ten miles from mexico

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby DanTheTimid » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Grain wrote:
Candi wrote:No, I believe it has to do with US laws and them giving prizes to non-US residents or something.


I think it's the Canadian laws.


Um... yeah, we gathered that much when you suggested such the first time, there was no need to post a second time saying the same thing.

Incidentally I don't personally know the specifics but I find it HIGHLY unlikely it has anything to do with canadian laws because as I understand it Alteil is US based, not Canadian based, and they don't ship to anyone out of the US. While people not in the US may include people in Canada, it includes people in every other country in the world as well.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
User avatar
DanTheTimid
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby Grain » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:14 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:
Grain wrote:
Candi wrote:No, I believe it has to do with US laws and them giving prizes to non-US residents or something.


I think it's the Canadian laws.


Um... yeah, we gathered that much when you suggested such the first time, there was no need to post a second time saying the same thing.

Incidentally I don't personally know the specifics but I find it HIGHLY unlikely it has anything to do with canadian laws because as I understand it Alteil is US based, not Canadian based, and they don't ship to anyone out of the US. While people not in the US may include people in Canada, it includes people in every other country in the world as well.


Whatever floats your boat.
User avatar
Grain
 
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Prize Cards?

Postby lupos » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 am

Licensing and cost. We are the official publishers of the game in the US. So, technically we don't support other countries. Thankfully the guys in Japan are very reasonable so if someone outside the country has a paypal issue we do help. However, sending prizes out of country is a no no. Plus it would be more expensive.
User avatar
lupos
Site Admin
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: NYC

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron