International Art Contest Results

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 am

Don't walk, run to check out the art contest:

http://www.alteil.com/index.php/article ... st-results
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: International Art Contest Results

Postby Gota » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 am

Can you show us spear's entry? After the mention in your paragraph, it was disappointing to not see it posted anywhere. Major cliffhanger, dont be so evil....

EDIT:
The grand prize winner definitely deserved it, that pic is SO impressive from the foreground to the background, everything flowed so nicely together. It looked as if done by a professional manga artist.

I also loved the dragon dreamspawn submitted, totally reminds me of red eyes black metal dragon. As mentioned, the environment of that pic really adds so much more to the image compared to the other drawings. It would have been totally less impressive if the image focused only on the dragon itself, so mad props on including the environment into the image, I really love that image, great job.

P.S.
Was it on purpose that every GM picked arts from the other country? I really don't buy it if you tell us that it was coincidence... lol
Last edited by Gota on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby CainHyde » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 am

Agree with Gota.
And congrats for all the winner.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby angelspawn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 am

Sweet! The grand price is well deserved. Not so much by the character design, but the flow of the pic, composition and colors are outstanding.
I only wish we could see a complete list of all entries...

And it feels good to have a Japanese Artist and Gota <3 acknowledge your work, haha. (i'm dreamspawn) This wasn't the 'masterpiece' i originally started on to be honest. That was this untill i decided not to participate anymore:
I wasn't planning to send in anything at all untill Logress mentioned pointcards the very last day of submission. :roll:

You know what the dragonpiece could use? fairies gathering fairydust from the crystals while fighting off the dragon. That was the idea anyways...
Ow, and it aint rly a dragon. His wings have de-evolved. (if you look closely you can still see it) And it has spiderlike legs growing out of his back instead of wings for faster cavewalking. ;)
angelspawn

Postby Spears » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:01 am

I mad.

gota you can find a bunch of our entries here http://www.alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=17&t=7445
Spears

Postby Logress » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 am

I'll give you some extra honorary mention PC when I do the prizes, Spears.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Spears » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Dankeschön
Spears

Postby Artist » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 pm

What, how did I even win lol. My piece was so much worse compared to anyone else on that list. To be honest I was so busy with school starting and all, I didn't really put that much effort into it, and it obviously shows. Never the less, thanks for this, I am definitely very thrilled.
I get a... gowen t-shirt and an Alteil trophy, weeee. Thanks guys.

EDIT: How did crimson not win anything, I find that very odd.
Artist

Postby Gota » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

@angelspawn (Dreamspawn)

I figured there was more to the pic but just wasn't very sure if it was left out on purpose, the DRAGON (hes a dragon in my eyes no matter what you say! :) ) looks as if it was provoked and is staring at something, and it is kind of apparent that it wasn't looking at us, so I thought it is looking at something eles. I really hope that you will decide to finish it when you have time, I'm very eager to see it how it was originally intended. Not saying that it isn't good right now, just that it is like watching an anime and having unresolved points in the plot by the end of the series, it just... feels a little incomplete and it would be a shame to not finish it when you have already set up such a great foundation for it.

Nice spears! Is that Right-hand Shield / Garfath??
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Spears » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Heh no check out his backstory here
http://alteil.com/forum/index.php/topic?f=16&t=7419

Grats to all that won it for alteil us.
Dreamspawn how come you chose to go with that lighter version?
Spears

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard