Many Faces of the Hallowed Eve: Halloween Costume Contest

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Many Faces of the Hallowed Eve: Halloween Costume Contest

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm

The Many Faces of the Hallowed Eve: Alteil Halloween Costume Contest

You knew this was coming... Your chance to be an Alteil card! Everyone, send in a picture of yourself in costume as your favorite Alteil character. On October 20th we'll pick a winner, and your photo will be seasonal art for this Halloween!
Send your images to gaogaigirl@alteil.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it , and check up on the rules and details below. Grand Prize is 2100 Gran and a seasonal card with your picture on it. Two runner ups will get 500 Gran. Costumes will be judged on several criteria, and silliness is one of them. And yes, the GM’s will be participating…

You must be 18 years or older to partcipate. If you are between 13 and 17 years old and you wish to partcipate, please ask a parent are guardian for permission. We will require written consent from your parent or guardian. Winners may be contacted for proof of age, and in order to qualify for a prize you must supply ID, or the ID of the approving parent or guardian. All photos sent in become property of Alteil.com and Media Blasters.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Many Faces of the Hallowed Eve: Halloween Costume Contest

Postby kitsunekit » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 pm

1.) Is there a limit to the number of entries per person? I just had two ideas I was planning to do for conventions next year anyways... I'd imagine the prizes would have a limit (like if you get first you can't also get second).

2.) Do we have to dress as "characters", or can we dress as "units" instead?
kitsunekit

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:33 pm

You can enter multiple times, but no multiple prizes. No limits on units or Characters. Heck, if you think you can dress up as a Grimoire, go for it.
Logress

Postby AnnaTheRed » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:02 am

I just want to remind everyone that you have to
Logress wrote:send in a picture of yourself in costume as your favorite Alteil character.

Please do not use pictures that aren't yours. (Screenshots of anime, movies, video game, etc...)
You can do it for fun, sure, but those pictures will not be qualified for the contest.

Now, what Gowen card can I dress up as,,,?

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Logress » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:33 am

Seeing as they're all macho bare chested men? Hmm...
Logress

Postby DanTheTimid » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 pm

So part of the prize is getting a copy of the card your mimicking only with your picture instead of the normal art? Time to do my best impersonation of every 5 star in the game! :D Just kidding, if I do any it'll only be ones I think I can conceivably pull off.

Is it permissible to send in pictures of people who aren't you but have given you their consent to use them as a model, such as a boyfriend or girlfriend? (of course that assumes they too are 18 or over in age)
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:21 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:So part of the prize is getting a copy of the card your mimicking only with your picture instead of the normal art? Time to do my best impersonation of every 5 star in the game! :D Just kidding, if I do any it'll only be ones I think I can conceivably pull off.

Is it permissible to send in pictures of people who aren't you but have given you their consent to use them as a model, such as a boyfriend or girlfriend? (of course that assumes they too are 18 or over in age)

Thats not fair, you should have to take the pic of that magic doll impersonation yourself instead of some guinea pig. :P

Er,* guinea pig *
–noun 1. a short-eared, tailless rodent of the genus Cavia, usually white, black, and tawny, commonly regarded as the domesticated form of one of the South American wild species of cavy: often used in scientific experiments or kept as a pet.
2. Informal. the subject of any sort of experiment.

Is censored? ><;
Phades

Postby AnnaTheRed » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Logress wrote:Seeing as they're all macho bare chested men? Hmm...

Are you offering to dress up as a Gowen card for me? Your offer is accepted! (Bazgar? Gladiator? Highland-born hunter? Kurina?)
DanTheTimid wrote:Is it permissible to send in pictures of people who aren't you but have given you their consent to use them as a model, such as a boyfriend or girlfriend? (of course that assumes they too are 18 or over in age)

That's totally fine.
If you have a pet goat, you can dress it up (I don't know if you even need to) as Holy Dragon. :P *make sure your goat is willing to participate.
Group cosplay is also accepted!

We're all looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures! :)

AnnaTheRed
;a40
AnnaTheRed

Postby Logress » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 pm

ADDENDUM...

Carved pumpkins are also allowable as enterys in this contest, mostly just because GaoGaiGirl said so... and also we want to see someone carve a Salamander.
Logress

Postby erestor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:49 am

just wondering, if gms a participating who is gonna be doing the judging
famous last words: ''trust me, nothing bad will happen...''
erestor

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard