Beating files that have return [In-depth] (WIP)

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Beating files that have return [In-depth] (WIP)

Postby Romdeau » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Funny, I'm pretty sure people are more inclined to remember things that confirm their biases rather than the other way around (things that disprove their bias).
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Romdeau wrote:Funny, I'm pretty sure people are more inclined to remember things that confirm their biases rather than the other way around (things that disprove their bias).

Well sucks to be you because I kept count. No bias here, i'm just more unlucky than normal.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 am

My only question is why is the Solar Kingdom file called the "Lunar Batallion."
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:12 pm

gadu wrote:My only question is why is the Solar Kingdom file called the "Lunar Batallion."

It suggests that the player wants to play the miffyre in this particular file alot, Miffy is a moon girl something, i forgot need to read the flavor text and that's the battalion assigned to her by jazzock.
Callonia

Postby Khiruki » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:25 pm

She's a moon rabbit.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Callonia wrote:
Romdeau wrote:Funny, I'm pretty sure people are more inclined to remember things that confirm their biases rather than the other way around (things that disprove their bias).

Well sucks to be you because I kept count. No bias here, i'm just more unlucky than normal.

Your bias is that Returns are OP. If Miracle Fruit worked it would go counter to your bias. So you remember the times that MF failed, since that's what confirms your initial bias (that Returns are OP).
LoneKnight

Postby Jazzock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 am

Callonia wrote:
gadu wrote:My only question is why is the Solar Kingdom file called the "Lunar Batallion."

It suggests that the player wants to play the miffyre in this particular file alot, Miffy is a moon girl something, i forgot need to read the flavor text and that's the battalion assigned to her by jazzock.

I assigned her to that? :shock:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Callonia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

LoneKnight wrote:
Callonia wrote:

Your bias is that Returns are OP. If Miracle Fruit worked it would go counter to your bias. So you remember the times that MF failed, since that's what confirms your initial bias (that Returns are OP).

I cast miracle fruit 10 times, it failed 9 times. Bias or not Bias. I'm not going to rely on something that only works in 10% of the time yes, small data sample but I don't care.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:21 pm

If you cast it the turn before, it'll work 100% of the time.
Course, then it wouldn't be worth the cost.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Icyman2 wrote:If you cast it the turn before, it'll work 100% of the time.
Course, then it wouldn't be worth the cost.

It's also dependent on the field pressure that you're experiencing from the falkow units. Which also makes sure its too hard to cast miracle fruit until the time it is to cast the miracle fruit on same turn as return is getting cast. Its something i have noticed.

If you can cast the miracle fruit the turn before return shows up, it just means the falkow's field is too weak and you have it won already. its pretty annoying loop to me.

I have thought about it repeatedly and cant' really find the way to make it work well.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom