Help me spend 6000 gran

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Help me spend 6000 gran

Postby fargone » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:45 pm

I agree with gon. The best value for money *cough cough (sorry, I just choked on something)* you will get here is to buy the most defined sets possible. By this, I mean a premade file, who's content is clearly defined.

Trying to collect a large number of cards is for the long term and sadly your $50 expenditure will not even scrape the top of the iceberg.

Please try a premade file with either matching ex set or faction packs. There is no harm in getting more than one premade file from different spheres.

But please, for your own sake, try to avoid boxes and normal packs until you decide you are ready to spend the $1500+ that some of us have spent for the priviledge of being able to play this game with a larger/majority (not complete) card pool.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Malarious » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:18 am

Just for the record, I ran unmodded lawtia prebuilt. I just recently edited it, and it has been working very well for me. Most of the time if I lose it is because I messed up or failed to think something through.
Malarious

Postby gadu » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

gadu wrote:TLDR:

BTW, what does this mean?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:52 am

Malarious wrote:Just for the record, I ran unmodded lawtia prebuilt. I just recently edited it, and it has been working very well for me. Most of the time if I lose it is because I messed up or failed to think something through.

It's a good file! If you got Death's Embrace that would be an instant add. And the SS could be tweaked as well as you see fit.

Hmm... The Lawtia EX might be a great buy for you then actually. With the pre-built plus EX you got great components for a few variants of lawt rushness.

Then, set 5 might actually be a good set for you. It's got a TON of great cards, and a lot of good lawtia stuff specifically. You got a lot of high level units like Zalz, Afel, Death Knight, Crest Devil, Crest Swordswoman that could go along with EX Dical for a big lawt, and the CMd dolls to boot.

So if you got extra gran to blow, I'd say set 5.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby psylensse » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 am

does anyone have replays showcasing the 4 prebuilts, maybe with some light modifications? something like that might help people make a decision about which prebuilt to buy based on their different styles, and also provide some insight into the strategy of how to play the files.

EDIT: btw, it helps if you don't set yourself up for disappointment when buying packs, playing lotto etc. you're getting mostly 1*. don't expect to get many 2*, and certainly very little higher than that. DDrgn provided a heap of lotto data here: http://alteil.gamepotusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7660 and Teru supplemented that with some nice statistical analysis. odds of 3* in lotto is roughly 3%. even if the packs claim that the odds of getting a 3* is higher, that could be, say, 5%, which is still dismal.
Phellitiest (spambot) wrote:My personal relative delights in frogs.
psylensse

Previous

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom