Assumptions a player must make?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Assumptions a player must make?

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 pm

I've noticed several cards in their current printing, and perhaps they will be clarified in the future, do not specify the area they effect. Cards like Return, Cyclone, etc. all target cards but do not specify WHERE these cards must be. If I had to guess I'd assume they just targeted the field, but its reasonable that they might target, for instance, the cemetery as well.

So if a card does not specify the area it targets should we assume that it targets EVERYWHERE or should we assume it just targets the field? Or perhaps will this later just be made clearer on the cards themselves?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: Assumptions a player must make?

Postby reydien » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:31 pm

As I posted in your other post, my belief is that Alteil's rules are similar to Magic: the Gathering rules. Specifically, you can only have creatures (characters and units) on the field; everywhere else, they are creature cards.

As for clarifying this on the card, my opinion is it would lead to too much cluttering of card abilities if you have to specify every little thing, especially something as basic (in terms of wide-spread, not simplicity) as this. It certainly should be explained in the rules and/or FAQ somewhere, though.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Re: Assumptions a player must make?

Postby Logress » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Unless specified, effects only target units on the field. If the cards don't specify which side of the field, they should be able to target cards on either side (unless I made a mistake). "Friendly" is your side, "enemy" or "rival Iczer's" is the other side.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom