Multiple Spheres?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Multiple Spheres?

Postby MonarcH » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why people do not use multiple spheres in a deck?
MonarcH

Re: Multiple Spheres?

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

It takes more time and work to build up and can instantly be vaporized by Fierte's soul skill.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm

It's not efficient. Normally you spend 3SP putting 3 sphere levels into whatever color of your choice, and then play units. So it will cost you 3SP for a level 3 unit, and 2SP for a level 2 unit.

To play a level 3 unit from another sphere requires 6SP (3 SP put into the sphere level, and 3 for the unit). So basically it's a colossal waste of SP. Only worth it if you can get the secondary sphere levels at a discount.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Logress » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm

There are a number of cards that allow those Secondary Sphere levels to be had at a discount. The Proxies and Urgrant are the most famous, but there are a number of soul skills and and lower rarity cards that can help you out (for example, Oversoul). There are also a number of level 1 cards that are most effective with another sphere (like Magic Musician), but since they are only level 1 (and generally have a lot of power for a lvl 1) it is not too expensive to raise the sphere level. However, most players don't consider a file with only 1 in its secondary Sphere to be a multi-sphere file.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby fargone » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:01 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's not efficient. Normally you spend 3SP putting 3 sphere levels into whatever color of your choice, and then play units. So it will cost you 3SP for a level 3 unit, and 2SP for a level 2 unit.

To play a level 3 unit from another sphere requires 6SP (3 SP put into the sphere level, and 3 for the unit). So basically it's a colossal waste of SP. Only worth it if you can get the secondary sphere levels at a discount.

So... Are sphere levels = to sp or not? I get confused when I read one thread that says they aren't, but then I read this one that say they are. You experienced players are confusing we inexperienced players now. I can't work out if sphere levels = sp any more.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom