How long do stat buffs last?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

How long do stat buffs last?

Postby DanTheTimid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:24 pm

When a card skill says for example "Give a friendly unit +10 AT" how long does the +10 AT last? Does it last until the game ends? Does it last until the card leaves the field? Does it remain if the card is closed but revived? Or perhaps does it only last for the turn the skill is activated?
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Re: How long do stat buffs last?

Postby Kyoshi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:32 pm

DanTheTimid wrote:When a card skill says for example "Give a friendly unit +10 AT" how long does the +10 AT last? Does it last until the game ends? Does it last until the card leaves the field? Does it remain if the card is closed but revived? Or perhaps does it only last for the turn the skill is activated?

From the small experience I had with the game. I used a card that gave one of my cards a +2 to the agility of the card but it only lasted one turn. I then had to use another card that did the same effect. (I could be wrong because they changed some the cards, I think?) But most of my cards that got some sort of buff were instantly annihilated so I can't really give a great insight on this..
alpha428
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." -George Carlin
Kyoshi

Postby GunCastor » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm

From my experience at A-kon...

Cards that uses an auto-skill to give buffs last only one turn. Auto-skills activates when the card's turn comes up. So it's active from when the card gets its turn until the end of that turn.
GunCastor

Postby reydien » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:40 pm

I see no reason why, if the ability simply says "Give AT+20 to one unit" with no mention of "for this turn," the ability would not persist past the turn the buff was given. A lot of the auto abilities on the cards specify the "for this turn," which would contribute to the memory of the buffs not persisting during A-Kon.

Whether the buff remains after the creature has been closed and revived is actually a question I had as well. The whole revival mechanic is not something I've experienced in any other card game, so I don't have anything to compare it to.
"Select the pistol, and then, select your horse."
reydien

Postby Logress » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 pm

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I just went and double checked all the cards. As near as I can tell, they all say "for this turn" if it's only for this turn, and otherwise it lasts until the card sent to 0 HP and flipped. Therefore, revived cards lose their buffs. Again, more soul skills need to be double checked since they were changed later, but I'm pretty sure about all the other skills.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom