Which box to buy?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Which box to buy?

Postby Spears » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:17 pm

You WILL without a doubt get more wins with a prebuilt than anything you are able to cobble together out of one box.
Spears

Postby fargone » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Someone has already quoted me from another thread, but I will answer anyway.

I have been here for around 3 years and seen all of the purchasing systems offered by this site.

I am begging you, please... if you plan on spending around $60 here, please buy prebuilds instead of boxes. Buying boxes will leave you feeling like you didn't get what you paid for, whereas buying prebuilt files will give you very solid files that you can actually use immediately. They will give you enough variety to explore most play styles and allow you to explore aspects of each sphere with confidence.

I would most strongly advise you to buy the new prebuilts as they are released at 500gran each, then consider afterwards which others I would buy (at 1500 gran).

You will need to spend at least $100 per set on gold boxes to get even a feeling that you have "most" of the set. in order to actually make a set viable, will likely need to spend on other sets as well to get key elements of decent files. The prebuilts are good files that have the required elements included. They are simply the only viable spending method for all but the big spenders.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Aolhelm » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks again for the advice. Passed on the boxes but got the Mikus, and am 2-1 so far with a Refess/Falkow Miku deck in Folrart (beat Solar Kingdom, went 1-1 with a couple of Lycan prebuilts). I just hit level 20, and am now stuck between Ridrea and Metia. I've heard that the Metia soul skill is a very popular one, and already have one Ridrea for her soul skill - so I'm leaning towards Metia, but just want to make sure I make the right choice.
Aolhelm

Postby MonarcH » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 am

If you're looking for a Ref/Falk deck to take on Serp, you're limited almost exclusively Star Dragon based files (which come in Set 3). Big Refess (Starmander variant preferable) / Marduk. I'm not even sure how Marduk handles itself against serp but the majority of my early wins in Folrart were against serpent simply because I'm running Star-mander. Who knows though, lots of demand to buff Refess.
MonarcH

Previous

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom