Crest death rush deck

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Crest death rush deck

Postby Lawtiabidingcitizen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 pm

I just created my first deck. I need some tips and thoughts on how the deck should flow.

This is the card list:

soul cards.
1. elder druid 2. dark evocator/domina 3. crest paladin 4. magic dancer/chiruru 5. skeleton master
total lp: 8

crest paladin ladyx3
crest gale fencerx3
crest mindsoldierx3
shadex3
nightwalker/rizax3
succubusx2
lycanthrope (fenrir)x2
cemetery ratsx2
pure terrorx1
soul pactx1
exchange of soulsx1
warning knifex1

Opening set:
2 sp in lawtia
shade (to establish an early ss right away to get more sp)> crest mindsoldier> shade (for shadetiming might move up one turn or down depending on situation)> crest paladin.

I designed the deck around putting pressure on the enemy and causing mid to large amounts of damage to keep the other guy reviving and sensitive to the amount of sp they have.

the deck's main theme is to keep level 1s and 2s up and applying cem. rats for the buff to support crest lady paladin in bringing the pain. The way the deck is build you don't really want an end game. It's kill em quick strategy
Last edited by Lawtiabidingcitizen on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d.
Lawtiabidingcitizen

Location: in the land of my computer- tis would be my soul: tah intronetz

Re: Crest death rush deck

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 pm

Killing quick by playing a lot of level 2's is a good strategy, but I think you could benefit from a few tweaks. Your opening seems a little slow and better fit for a level 3 form of a rush playing shades and using Elder Druid soul. For a level 2 rush you might be better just playing more level 2 units at a faster pace. The goal being to "out rush" other files. Also you could probably benefit from an assassin soul skill.

The shades are great, just think about when to play them. Well timed shades early in games can seriously hamper your opponent. A lot of files start like this...

Turn 1: 3SP in sphere levels, play level 2 unit
Turn 2: play level 1 unit, leave 1SP loose so you can play level 3 unit next turn
Turn 3: Play level 3 unit

Against things like that, playing a shade on turn 2 will take away that SP and totally prevents them from getting their powerful level 3 units! Meanwhile you can continue playing your units. You'll notice this is a common trend for level 3 rush files... Since you only get 2SP per turn, but it takes 3SP for a level 3 unit, they will usually always keep some SP saved up to play a level 3 the following turn, and if you shade that saved SP, no level 3 units for the opponent. So if possible, try to predict what the other person will do, when they will leave loose SP sitting out, and when you can get that SP with your shades.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby basilis » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 am

Your file has a lot of contradictions.

I see mindsoldier, paladin and fencer, and I'm thinking you're playing some kind of duchy rush. But for that you really have too few other duchy of crest units.

Then I see succubus, (Ex?) Riza, and fenrir, and I think you're going for a night strategy. But for that you only have one lycan to profit from it.

Then I see your Souskills,and elder druid suggest you have to be playing many level 3 cards. But you don't have those. I also see crest paladin in your soulskills and wonder how it could be there if you already have three copies of him in your file.

So in order to clean up your play, you can do one of two things: Either get rid of the night theme (and possibly the rats) and go for an all out duchy of crest file with some crest (lady) paladin and some Igina action in there. Alternatively, get rid of elder druid SS and the crest paladin, add a few more lycans (maybe night singer) and go for that lvl 2 power rush that is so popular nowadays.

In general tips: When rushing, get a couple of power units out before playing your second shade. You need field control like no other file. If you have an empty field at any time in the game, you have as good as lost. Do you ever have time to play exchange of souls? I suspect not and if that's the case, replace it with something better. Same for pure terror and soul pact. Three cards is a full extra unit on your field and with rushes it's almost always better to get out more units, rather than play grimoires.

As a final thought, replace skeleton master with something else that has 3 LP and def=0 to your units. There are many of those and they don't harm you since you don't get defence anyway. If you don't have one, it's fine, it's only a small upgrade.
basilis

Postby Lawtiabidingcitizen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 am

"I also see crest paladin in your soulskills and wonder how it could be there if you already have three copies of him in your file."-basilis
the crest paladin in my deck is crest paladin lady and crest paladin in my SS... i forgot to add the lady to crest paladin. lol

And thank you Gon for the suggestions and bas i appreciate your input.

This was my first time constructing a deck and i wanted to give it a shot instead of using the pre-builts i bought... I tried out and it actually works pretty good but it has some intense flaws. You are right God... from what I have been playing I need to make some adjustments to it as the deck didn't really work in early game but mid game, when i had a solid group of cards out and benefiting from each other.

I just started to play three days ago so I'm not the best player but I'm getting there... if you could Gon maybe we can set something up for we can meet in training grounds that way I can add you... you too Bas. :D
Lawtiabidingcitizen

Postby Otonashi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 am

I'm not sure Lady Paladin would be worthwhile here. You don't seem to have a simple way to activate her Start skill (Maybe the single turn Chiruru SS is in effect, but that seems to be it) so a different Lv3 in her place may be more worthwhile, or even a good Lv2 to go with the Rats.

I do agree with Gon about pushing the SP drain tactics though. Although Shade is a good starting unit, a second turn Shade can potentially be much more harmful to your opponent so you may consider leading with a Lv2 anyways (One that can take a hit before dying, or alternatively, revives for free; Skeleton Warrior is a standard low level free reviver, but a certain high rarity card is superb should you happen to have it.) and do the Shade on the second turn.
Otonashi

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 pm

It's pretty good for your first try. I think one thing that usually always helps, is to think about what kind of file you want to make first, and then do do something that fits the archetype. Your file has some elements of the "level 3 rush" and some elements of the "level 2 rush" and ideally you want to pick one or the other and run with it.

Lawtiabidingcitizen wrote:if you could Gon maybe we can set something up for we can meet in training grounds that way I can add you... you too Bas. :D

My guilds starting to do weekly training sessions on Sundays in the training arena maybe I'll make a post when and whomever can feel free to show up.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Lawtiabidingcitizen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:59 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's pretty good for your first try. I think one thing that usually always helps, is to think about what kind of file you want to make first, and then do do something that fits the archetype. Your file has some elements of the "level 3 rush" and some elements of the "level 2 rush" and ideally you want to pick one or the other and run with it.

You're right they are combinations of the level 3 and level 2 lawt rush files. After playing the deck I created I see your point. Combinations seem not to work. I just invested 1500 or so gran and nothing i really wanted appeared when I purchased the booster packs and even the on sale beginner pack (75 card one)... I want annarose but that didn't happen but i guess I managed a few alright cards... notably I started with Gowen but enjoy lawtia style a lot. But the thing is i like to switch up styles and I happen to have three kurinas and three man eating tigers and riflemax3... but not completely sure in which direction i want my modded gowen starter to take... so far I have a level2 lawt rush and a level 3 lawt rush both are the prebuilts and the gowen starter with a good amount of extra cards that I managed to win from battling or just buying.

GonFreeces31 wrote:My guilds starting to do weekly training sessions on Sundays in the training arena maybe I'll make a post when and whomever can feel free to show up.

I would enjoy that very much... FYI, in game name is mintymentos. :) Just post whenever you are starting or something.

Otonashi wrote:I'm not sure Lady Paladin would be worthwhile here. You don't seem to have a simple way to activate her Start skill (Maybe the single turn Chiruru SS is in effect, but that seems to be it) so a different Lv3 in her place may be more worthwhile, or even a good Lv2 to go with the Rats.

I did manage a few more lawtia cards. I'm thinking about replacing her and adding a new level 3 and just removing the rats all together.

Otonashi wrote:I do agree with Gon about pushing the SP drain tactics though. Although Shade is a good starting unit, a second turn Shade can potentially be much more harmful to your opponent so you may consider leading with a Lv2 anyways (One that can take a hit before dying, or alternatively, revives for free; Skeleton Warrior is a standard low level free reviver, but a certain high rarity card is superb should you happen to have it.) and do the Shade on the second turn.

I think I want to go with a free revive like skeleton war but maybe a high attacker like mindsoldier first?
And are you speaking of a specific high rarity card?
Lawtiabidingcitizen

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Lawtiabidingcitizen wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:but not completely sure in which direction i want my modded gowen starter to take...

The Gowen starter + beginner packs is a very strong file if played correctly. There was a time a few sets ago that could carry you to 1900+RP.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom