A File Made When Drunk

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

A File Made When Drunk

Postby Khiruki » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Today I decided to try my hand at making a Falkow file for once, after noticing that I had cards that were not Lawtia or Refess. I was also kinda drunk. My thought process was something like this: Woo! Pretty Rasam! Add more SP! And some returns just for the lulz! Needless to say, the end result didn't look viable in the slightest. Here's what it looked like:

Anyways, after sobering up a bit and playing a few matches with this file, I found that despite the glaringly obvious weaknesses, the file was pretty dang fun to play, and was able to hold up against actual files pretty well. Not rake in huge numbers of wins, but at least not get utterly curb stomped. Anyways, problems and weaknesses:

-Counting multiple copies as different units, there are only 8 units.
-For the first 4 turns or so, I'm only playing grimoires.
-No damage SS. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I put War in there...
-Why did I put in Freezing Spears?
-If Rasam is somehow removed early, I end up with a crapton of SP with nothing to use it.
-I don't know what the Lightning Wyvern is doing there...
-Damage grimoires and damage SS can really mess this up.
-A bunch more that I'm sure I missed

Any suggestions are welcome. Any cards that I could get that would make this run much better? Which grimoires should I drop? Any suggestions for soul skills? Any help at all is totally welcome. Just a note, I don't have a huge selection of 4 and 5 stars; the only ones with multiples are Afel(x3) and BKR(x2). Neither really fit into the theme...
ImageImage
Khiruki

Re: A File Made When Drunk

Postby psylensse » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:26 am

whooooooo I got a great laugh out of the idea of drunken decks. can't say I know much about this sort of deck, but here's my initial thoughts:

1. lightning wyvern aka suicide wyvern is good stuff. against the right field it's a nightmare. definitely toss a second one in if you have one.
2a. so I think contrary to typical falkow, this sort of file goes for mass chaotic damage. one tidal, two returns, and two disjunctions (?!?!) are too much.
2b. along those lines, Thunderheads or Tempest might not be bad to add.
3. sylph > freezing lance, if you're trying to make sure your lightning wyvern acts first.
4. one dio??? does that even work?
5. if you've got all those grims, maybe toss in something that would benefit from so many being played? vondora? I dunno.
6. that soul skill lineup! XD does a witch in the 4 slot coming in handy ever?? War?? I'd say maybe more damage grims; pile it on! but no mizett. you need guaranteed hits here I think. Dub Rido, lapierre, ex bardia, ex: cursed armor knight, etc.
Phellitiest (spambot) wrote:My personal relative delights in frogs.
psylensse

Postby Spears » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 am

Why do you think i would know why you put it in.
Spears

Postby Romdeau » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:54 am

I approve of files explicitly created under the influence of alcohol.
Romdeau

Postby CainHyde » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:54 am

Khiruki wrote:Why did I put in Freezing Spears?

Spears wrote:Why do you think i would know why you put it in.

Because your name is Spears? :lol:

Suggestion:
- Add some grim immune unit or unit that benefit from grim count perhaps?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom