New Falkow Prebuilt

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

New Falkow Prebuilt

Postby Aolhelm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey all!

I bought the new Falkow prebuilt, and have been playing around with/modifying it.

So far, I've swapped out the two Time Stops for Sylphs, and the Waterspout for a second copy of Strike Wyvern. Testing it on NPCs has worked well, but I'm wondering if you have any advice before I take it to Folrart.

Typical open has been Owl Sage -> Meaning of Failure (with Bookworm if he gets it off, without if he doesn't) -> Meaning of Failure -> Giant Manta Ray, eating a few Iczer attacks if necessary. Against the pixie NPC, thanks to their blocking of Falkow grims and high-level units on the first few turns, I opened Owl Sage -> Sylph (Bookworm) -> Skip -> Meaning of Failure -> Lightning Wyvern -> Giant Manta Ray, which worked really well (though in retrospect I'd probably switch the order of those last two). I suspect that Owl Sage is a pretty bad open, since he'll rarely land Bookworm and since Shade can cause problems.

Any swap or open suggestions that I'm missing? I'm all ears for advice. Thanks in advance.
Aolhelm

Re: New Falkow Prebuilt

Postby sunbunman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

The idea is to put 4 points into falk and play sage, he isn't supposed to get book worm off (normally) but to trigger your first SS, I think the open that the creator thought of was

Owl Sage -> Skip -> Mof -> Lightning Wyvern or what ever
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby phailures » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Emerald carbuncle works better in that case since you can buncle -> mof -> wyvern.
phailures

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:46 pm

A lot of it will depend on what your opponent is doing. This is a wide open file there are tons of ways to play it. Experiment!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Logress » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

I would start with Sage, then Mof and then Mof.

Then, you kind of have to look at what your opponent has on his field and come up with a plan. Against some rushes, Mildero does well. Sometimes he'll need a tank, but against some high agi rushes he might be better without one. Lightning is also great against rushes, but only if he gets his skill off, so he'll need a tank if the rush is fast or rats-able. Elite MK can take lock files without a good answer to DF all by himself, Manta can lock files with no good action skills all by himself. Etc, etc.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby phailures » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:32 pm

If you do owl and get shaded, that puts you back a turn.
phailures

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:17 am

Another idea is to add Rasam. She also works with time stops and can solo a field.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby phailures » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:38 am

I was wishing for Rasam to be in this deck, even though she was in the 1st one. I'm in dire need of some :(
phailures

Postby AlanK » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:00 pm

After the lightning wyvern/s summon the Ray and put the Blade wyvern behind it; then watch in amusement.
Also the Elite Mage knight of Regus is very gimicky I would suspect only starters and very inexperienced people would have problems, my suggestion is to take it out and add 3 Sorcerer Monk of Regus's or something more stable...
Professional Spectator
Yuni City Duelists have free tea, what can I say
Was a Free player till lvl 140 ... I heart Alteil QQ.
ImageImage
AlanK

Postby Otonashi » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Is there actually anything level 7 in the falkow prebuilt? If that's the case, wouldn't doing Falkow 4 just to avoid the occasional shade actually waste that SP on the excess falkow level? So against shade you're down 1 SP either way, but against anything else you can't MoF turn 2 and you're behind SP even more.
Otonashi

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom