What should I buy?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

What should I buy?

Postby FrozenEdge » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 pm

So im trying to survey my way to get some Gran, so I need some advice on wut should I buy next.

1.) EX9: Origins of Hero (falkow)
So if I buy this then it only gives me 1 of each card? The Ocean King looks helpful to the “Take to the Sky” pre-built but if its only 1 card then I’ll crossing this out from the list…. But the Refugee Flying apprentice looks tempting (replacement for Owl Sage…. I think)

2.) Beginner’s Pack
Im planning to get a Giant Turtle for the wyvern deck, even though I have 3 Mantas, so having 2 huge walls is a bad idea? And how about if I get one of those Huge Frogs, can they be helpful to the deck? Also I wanted a 3rd Succubus, and a Ghoul Mage (if im making an undead deck) from it…
(and I missed the 350 discount… great work surveys for delaying my gran the whole day and rewarding me on the time when the discount is gone)

3.) save Gran until a new Pre-built is release
waiting for a new deck is a pain…. But I only focused on Lawtia and Falkow ones so yes… this is a pain…. unless they gonna release a Star Dragon deck

4.) save Gran for old Pre-builds
this… is…. A real pain for free users…. 1500 gran….. sigh….. anyway im choosing between “Natural Born Killers” and the “Behemoths of the Sea”.
The NBK deck seems cool, it has Hell Smoke and LeBeau and I want those two…. And then we have the BotS deck, this deck pisses me off but I wanna mix it with my Wyvern deck
FrozenEdge

Re: What should I buy?

Postby NitroDino » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 pm

You will need 1200 gran to get a playset of the EX 9 cards, in one pack there is just one copy of each card included. Vondora can help your take to the sky pre built, but it will probably not be a top meta deck. If you have the gran get the ex packs, if not one of the pre builts.

I would suggest you to get the Sea Behemonth or Volcano Hustle pre-built. They can get you to around 1800 RP. As a free player your primary goal should be to get a grinding file that will help you to level-up, win more treasure battles and get you more then 10 weekly gran.
NitroDino

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 pm

Pre builts are the best place to start.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby AlanK » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10 pm

I started out with faction packs(they came before the prebuilts) they are pretty good investments aswell. You should also take advantage of all the really special offers for under 1k(not lottery :/) gran, and for the 1.5k gran decks all I can say is the ship has come and gone you should save your gran for the future. I own quite a few different types of Falkow decks just from this year alone, coming from a free player who doesn't have access to surveys anymore.
Professional Spectator
Yuni City Duelists have free tea, what can I say
Was a Free player till lvl 140 ... I heart Alteil QQ.
ImageImage
AlanK

Postby FrozenEdge » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 am

im at 560g... i need a 940g to buy a Sea Behemoths deck...
and the worst part is... im running out of surveys D:
FrozenEdge

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 am

If it's any measure, it took them 3 months to release the second set of pre-builts.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby kyriosa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 pm

I would go for pre-builts just because a lot of them are very playable, and some may require a few card swaps. If anything, if you haven't settled on a sphere colour, I would get the beginner pack, unfortunately its off sale now, so I would try and snag the latest falkow prebuilt.
Falkow for life..!! And Refess..
kyriosa

Postby Vascha » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:45 am

you could buy a brain

but seriously...

save your gran. wait until November 25th.
It will likely be the best time to invest this year.
or hold onto it for a seasonal lotto, which will help improve your collection of cards and options. (granted the pre-built files are all nice, and contain some great cards)
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Postby FrozenEdge » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 am

right now, i have 1112gran.... and im being tempted by the lotto for its 5* cards (recycle then profit)
FrozenEdge

Postby Vascha » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 am

that is 11 pulls of EX lotto... which might not be a bad decision. There are many solid EX cards that are useful for a wide variety of files.

I still suggest waiting... Batorra is coming, which likely will provide another set of EX cards (albeit a bit pricey for some players) along with the biggest shopping day in america (the day after thanksgiving).
Everyone once said that the earth was flat.
Everyone once said that the earth was the center of the universe.
Doesn't mean that everyone was correct just because they agreed.
Vascha

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom