Rare card question

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Rare card question

Postby DismantleMe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

If for instance you get one really rare card but you only have one copy but it is really useful to you Is it worth using in your file although if it dies It is gone for good?
I'll Bite you to Death.
DismantleMe

Re: Rare card question

Postby Elliah » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 am

It depends on the card. It doesn't matter if it's a rare or not, you have to wonder if it brings anything as a one of or not. Some unit work very well with one copy, since they are not supposed to die easily (Zuga for instance, or ex girl merc who comes back to the file), others because of their open (sumer, sakura, garfath...). Also, keep in mind it means -1 lp, so it might be harder to afford it in a 6-8lp file.
It would help if you mention what cards you're talking about.
I decided to stop Alteil because it is no longer fun thanks to set 10 and what some people became; I gave my account so if you meet me it's not me.
Elliah

Postby DismantleMe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:12 am

Elliah wrote:It depends on the card. It doesn't matter if it's a rare or not, you have to wonder if it brings anything as a one of or not. Some unit work very well with one copy, since they are not supposed to die easily (Zuga for instance, or ex girl merc who comes back to the file), others because of their open (sumer, sakura, garfath...). Also, keep in mind it means -1 lp, so it might be harder to afford it in a 6-8lp file.
It would help if you mention what cards you're talking about.

I get what you mean and the card I am talking about is
Lion Adjunct / Ermitage
And
Lion baron / Zagar
I'll Bite you to Death.
DismantleMe

Postby Elliah » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

You can probably play Zagar as a one of. He can be efficient in some games, just don't expect too much from him (and don't make him take the spot of a core card).

About Ermitage, not sure, never tried her. If you play her, it is very likely people would just get rid of her before she can take actions, so, do it expecting such a result, and think of every turn where she can live as a bonus :lol: . With the errata, not sure you'll want to play her in a pure refess file however (because you might "waste" 1 sp on gowen if your files has no gowen cards and she is killed immediately).
I decided to stop Alteil because it is no longer fun thanks to set 10 and what some people became; I gave my account so if you meet me it's not me.
Elliah

Postby DismantleMe » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Elliah wrote:You can probably play Zagar as a one of. He can be efficient in some games, just don't expect too much from him (and don't make him take the spot of a core card).

About Ermitage, not sure, never tried her. If you play her, it is very likely people would just get rid of her before she can take actions, so, do it expecting such a result, and think of every turn where she can live as a bonus :lol: . With the errata, not sure you'll want to play her in a pure refess file however (because you might "waste" 1 sp on gowen if your files has no gowen cards and she is killed immediately).

Hahaha yea I suppose :P I went gowen though cause the seem to be more efficient in my personal opinion
but on the flip side if you have over soul I can bring her back and she gives a pretty nifty boost when combined with safira and captain with guardian :D
I'll Bite you to Death.
DismantleMe

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom