Help me, im losing every game.

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Help me, im losing every game.

Postby Tarlen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:53 am

It's just unfun to play the game where you constantly losing.
And i am always got paired with some 200+lvl guy who is packed with most killing cards of the game.
How could i suppose to win?
And shouldnt the game find me an equal opponent?
I really like this game but its almost impossible to play when you losing 19 of 20 matches and the last one you win only because opponent surrenders.
Tarlen

Re: Help me, im losing every game.

Postby Elliah » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 am

Hmm I wonder how long it will take before some veterans come here and tell you the tale of their starters :p.

First, about every players have gone through a similar phase upon entering folrart. This game is hard for most people at the start. Another thing is that in fact, matchmaking is trying to find an opponent with a similar level, but it's only working well with hundreds of players, so you can get an opponent from a very high level when either of you was searching for too long (well at least in theory :p).

But the real issue isn't here. Believe it or not, but the main factor is....experience. You mention level 200+, but you see, their cards don't get stronger, and even for rares cards, there are way lower level who spend and have a more impressive collection. Thing is, crest arena gives the illusion to new players that they know more or less how to play, some even think they play well and cards are the only to blame when they lose. That is only true to a limited extend.
As a new player, you are easy to predict, you make lots of mistakes, and to top it off you will use cards/strategy already well known, and it also work the other way around; you will have a hard time predicting, and it's unlikely you know most files/strategy running around.
There is also still a lot to learn about file construction, and it's not as easy to master other key part of the games, such as sp management, when to revive or not, backlashing to defend and so on.

But to answer you, since it's also unlikely you'll believe me, I suggest you get one of the prebuilts. And if you still lose then, you won't have much excuse with cards, as they are all able to manage to win (more or less depending on which prebuilt you pick, but at least 50 % win). They are a bit expensive to my taste for new players (1500 Gran), but you get a file ready for folrart.
Then, to improve you can watch games, show replays here and ask for advice, find a sparring partner and train. There's no short-cut unfortunately.

EDIT : oh yeah I forgot, you can also drop in the chat (in my iczer, to your left). It helps having people to talk to, and you can also get some advices (although sometimes bad ones xD), find people to test things in training and so on. Probably some morale support too.
I decided to stop Alteil because it is no longer fun thanks to set 10 and what some people became; I gave my account so if you meet me it's not me.
Elliah

Postby Arcturne » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 am

I'm also fairly new into Folrart and I can vouch for most of what was said above. I got the serpent prebuilt, and while it was certainly not a magic key to victory, I frequently feel like I have a chance and do win enough games to feel like I'm accomplishing more than I was before. The real key for me though has been hanging out in chat. I haven't gotten too much in the way of tangible help, but hearing everyone else whining and complaining about the same things stomping me makes it better somehow.
Arcturne

Postby Muklas » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Yesh, either get the serpent pre-built or the new gowen one, both are capable of giving you at least a 40% win rate, If played properly.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby StarShadow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 am

So far, like all of you.am having a very similar issue with the game and losing. The closest I ever came to winning is when I had npc down to 2 life and my was at 7. Yet, some how? The computer still had the ability to win. How? I do not know? am just looking for way to improve my skills with game.
StarShadow

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 am

Well can you post an image, or type out what your file is, and then also the things you do turns 1-5?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

A modified gowen/falkow starter can effectively attain 50-70% win rate, go in game chat ask ppl to go training with you and we'll explain some problems with ur file, SS line up, etc if we aren't busy
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am

sunbunman wrote:A modified gowen/falkow starter can effectively attain 50-70% win rate, go in game chat ask ppl to go training with you and we'll explain some problems with ur file, SS line up, etc if we aren't busy

errrrrr... not with the current stuff that's around. I'm all for the gowen starter; I played it for quite a long time, but things like cyclone absolutely destroys it. There are very little accessible counters.
Icyman2

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:52 am

Icyman2 wrote:
sunbunman wrote:A modified gowen/falkow starter can effectively attain 50-70% win rate, go in game chat ask ppl to go training with you and we'll explain some problems with ur file, SS line up, etc if we aren't busy

errrrrr... not with the current stuff that's around. I'm all for the gowen starter; I played it for quite a long time, but things like cyclone absolutely destroys it. There are very little accessible counters.

Well i can with the modded falk, I just assumed the gowen one could since its the onli starter that does wht the sphere's meant to do...
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 am

sunbunman wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:

Well i can with the modded falk, I just assumed the gowen one could since its the onli starter that does wht the sphere's meant to do...

It's quite terrible actually until you get a 3rd kurina from fm lotto and 3 tigers/3 mercs from beginner's packs.
I want to see that 50-70% winrate with the modded falkow starter.

Oh and I recommend the first gowen and lawtia prebuilts. I've never lost to serpent with the first gowen prebuilt. Brave strike just absolutely kills serpent. The lawtia prebuilt got me my highest rp, but is very weak to returns and engages and in general stuff that slows the game down.
Serpent is not that great. Remove serpent and the whole file falls apart. Mids are hard to play for a beginner, including the gowen mid b/c there are just fields that can overwhelm your units, and so are level 2 rushes b/c of things like cyclone and burning air and stuff.
Icyman2

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom