Frustration!

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Frustration!

Postby Archegos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Ok. Here is my problem. I want to play this game. So badly. I enjoy the art style of the cards and the mechanics of the game. However, I'm having one major issue that is stopping me. I'm getting the **** kicked out of me in every battle. I try to play in Crest, but there are so few people, I can hardly ever find a match. So then I try Folart and everyone's level is so much higher than mine, I'm basically just a gnat at a barbecue to whomever I'm playing. So basically, I'm constantly losing to people that are level 100+ and there is nothing I can do but keep fighting them and keep losing. Help? Advice? Something? :/
Archegos

Re: Frustration!

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 am

Now is a bad time since people are at Folrart beating Batora with their most powerful decks. Then again, I was able to win more matches than I lose using an anti-Batora file.

Like someone said before, go to chat and find a friendly trainer who will play friendly matches with you. Practice makes one perfect.

This game is hard for beginners since the learning curve is steep. Heck, the only file I can play with great proficiency right now is sea serpents since I didn't have much time playing anything else. And also the only sphere I can play with proficiency is Falkow :/ This is mainly because I don't have enough time to play (1-0 matches per week) and lack practice.
Last edited by wakka9ca on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wakka9ca

Postby Nehless » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am

The learning curve is steep but... the pre-builts help A LOT.

Any of the pre-builts right now do well against the meta in folrart with a small adjustment of cards to your liking.

Back in my day, they didn't even have stuff like this. :(
Nehless : complete form noze is so lame though
Nehless : sigh
Lecaf : fits you perfectly! :D
《Lecaf has exited the room》
Nehless : thats what she gets for calling me lame
Nehless

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:05 am

Yeah get a pre-built, don't change it just take it and try a few matches. Save replays of games you lost and we can try to look for little mistakes that you make that will help you improve and get better.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:07 am

also which starter are you playing and what cards do you currently have (free player I presume?)
wakka9ca

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:22 am

I'm using the Falkow starter, unedited. And yes, I'm a free player.
Archegos

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:31 am

Right now, getting prebuilt is expensive (1500g) and unlikely to be achieved unless after months of mirage master. There is a sales discount supposedly on Friday but I assume you don't have enough gran anyway. Be patient. As a free player, it's going to be really really slow at the beginning because you don't get new cards. If you are not saving up, the 10g lotto is your friend for at least a month or two. Then, it's packs or prebuilts.

On the bright side, they are soon giving out 3x 5*. I don't really suggest you recycle them if you have long-term plans for playing those cards in the future. Otherwise you can get 900g from recycling them (again, not really recommended).

Gon's guide (theory): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10218
Gon's example decks (aimed as low rarity as possible): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6455
harvest's archetypes for Falkow: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8293

Also, replay forums to watch games: viewforum.php?f=33
Or simply go on Folrart to watch games as spectator.
wakka9ca

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:46 am

So it seems like I should make it a goal to get a Pre-Built. Would it wise/unwise to recycle all the cards I've gotten so far that I haven't put in my deck?
Archegos

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 am

Archegos wrote:So it seems like I should make it a goal to get a Pre-Built. Would it wise/unwise to recycle all the cards I've gotten so far that I haven't put in my deck?

Again, as a free player, it's hard to decide what your future "ideal" file is. Some cards are totally useless while others aren't. It's often hard to get the cards you want later.

It depends how patient you are. If you are the "want to play now" type, it's gonna be painful as a free player so you may want to recycle them. Otherwise, if you are more patient and don't mind waiting a few months and progressively acquire your cards, you shouldn't recycle them unless you have extra copies. If you don't mind revealing your arsenal you can ask other people their opinion about which cards to keep and which to recycle.

They just announced hyper rarity up lotto. Unless it's really really broken rates, don't bother with it. Watch how people fare on the forums first.
wakka9ca

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:58 am

A lot of rares you should probably recycle. There are a few that could actually be of use, but most others are either not good, or require tons of other rares for you to ever use that it's just not worth it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom