Frustration!

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Frustration!

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:03 am

I'm patient, but I don't have a set deck in mind for the future. I would prefer to buy a Pre-Built and then a build a deck from there. So it seems like recycling is going to be my best friend.
Archegos

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 am

Archegos wrote:I'm patient, but I don't have a set deck in mind for the future. I would prefer to buy a Pre-Built and then a build a deck from there. So it seems like recycling is going to be my best friend.

Just make sure you don't recycle some staple and really good cards that are useful as soul skills or 1-of. To make sure, I suggest you ask some more experienced players to see which cards to keep/recycle.
wakka9ca

Postby sunbunman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 am

The falkow starter is decent if played right (I'd say 30-40 % win rate with minor mods), though the SS line up needs to be completely overhauled and a few of the units need to be replaced... I advice saving up for the Sea Behemoths pre-build, It gives you cards that are good for falkow in general, notably EX wiz soldier, owl sage and faytis.
Last edited by sunbunman on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:08 am

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I don't feel like rage quitting this game permanently now. :)
Archegos

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:13 am

sunbunman wrote:The falkow starter is decent if played right (I'd say 30-40 % win rate with minor mods), though the SS line up needs to be completely overhauled and a few of the units need to be replaced... I advice saving up for the Sea Behemoths pre-build, It gives you cards that are good for falkow in general notably EX wiz soldier, owl sage and faytis.

Yeah, I started with Falkow starter and got 35-40% rate. Put more offensive souls or souls that allows you some form of board stall/control (Rasam for instance once you get her).

Rapier is really decent combo with song sorceress. The sea behemoth tanks as well and Monk is an endgame unit. Haste soldier offer free revive. You have nearly a bit of everything in the starter.

Not as rush/aggro as gowen starter, but the falkow one is what I call a "toolbox" file that is very versatile.
wakka9ca

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:15 am

Hm. Guess I shouldn't be playing my Monks on the third turn anymore. :/
Archegos

Postby sunbunman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:16 am

Archegos wrote:Hm. Guess I shouldn't be playing my Monks on the third turn anymore. :/

you play the monk on the third turn o.O?
sunbunman

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 am

Archegos wrote:Hm. Guess I shouldn't be playing my Monks on the third turn anymore. :/

Well, everyone learns new things :)

The opening is usually haste soldier or witch.
wakka9ca

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 am

sunbunman wrote:

Sometimes. My opening set is sometimes Haste Soldier, Song Sorc., then Monk.
Archegos

Postby sunbunman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:23 am

Archegos wrote:
sunbunman wrote:

Sometimes. My opening set is sometimes Haste Soldier, Song Sorc., then Monk.

should be haste -> song sorc -> rapier for high damage combo -> lvl 1 -> tank

monk's an end game unit, use her to clean the field off late game where units like bringer, zagar (unlikely), etc begin to appear...

oh and here's the very first forum post i made about the falk starter, it might help in terms of deck construction,
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7959&start=10
sunbunman

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom