Frustration!

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: Frustration!

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 am

The one thing beginners usually find really hard to understand about playing Falkow... and that is you are NOT trying to kill all of the opponent's cards in route to winning.

A philosophy of "I am going to play units, attack, and smash and burn all my opponent's cards" is a Gowen (red) way to play the game.

You have cards like Return, and great spirits like Sylph and Undine. None of these cards kill anything on their own. What you are basically trying to do, is "defeat the opponent's strategy."

So like there are a lot of cards in the game, where two cards together make a super powered combo that destroys all in it's path. However on their own, these cards are very weak. The strength of your file, is that you can disrupt the opponent's synergy and expose weaknesses (assuming he makes mistakes) using Return and Tidalwave.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 am

I'm assuming Tidalwave is a fairly common card?
Archegos

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:45 am

It's in the pre-builts. It's kind of essential to your file but really, really hard to get sometimes for new comers.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:54 am

Idk I kinda like to play falkow in the way that returns can make it 1 v 1, and my unit is better than yours and will always oneshot it. or I will return something so I can pinpoint a target in a certain row ya know? so that`s what I like :D I totally like killing all of my opponent`s units on route to winning hahah

I do have to say I love using Dio to cripple my rival`s sp tho ~ they play bringer? just return with Dio and u get a 5 sp profit :D
ErnnLaties

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:00 am

Yes you play Falkow like it's Gowen.

I just meant that if you look at the core Falkow cards like undine, owl sage, return etc, nothing kills units. So if your goal is to kill all the other person's units, you might as well be using cards like Fire Arrow, Salamander, Ball of Flame.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ErnnLaties » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:05 am

:o ahhh have I secretly supposed to have been a gowen player all this time??? :lol:

idk tho, I don`t like how gowen`s base agi is 3 which means I might not go first. and not having return is kinda scary sometimes. and let`s be honest, all the cute anime characters are falkow lol

but I do play a mean BKR file ;)
ErnnLaties

Postby Romdeau » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:25 am

Did you read through the numerous guides that are posted around the forums?
Romdeau

Postby Archegos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Romdeau wrote:Did you read through the numerous guides that are posted around the forums?

Not all of them, because as you said, they are quite numerous. But I looked at the ones that seemed to be the most popular because I figured if they're popular, they work.
Archegos

Postby Ropey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Play me and you have a fair chance, as I often use experimental decks that have at least a 50 50 against a starter file.Under files come up so it,s worth plugging away.We all know where your coming from,but all wish you best of luck.Some low lev,s just plead with me to give up!I just tell them to play and see what happens.Lots have won this way.Just don,t give up.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Iamnotfunny » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

As a new player, 2 suggestions for you:
1. Learn from losing, and not to get "too" upset
2. Experience+Money+a good coach=win!

Choose the sphere wisely.
If you want to keep killing, gowen is good.
If you are good with calculating, you may choose falkow.
If you like stable and steady pressing your opponent, try refess.
If you have a lot of money and like surprising enemy, lawita will satisfy your desire.

I am not quite sure how many new players are joining this game,
but you can really learn and see the true face of this game in folrart.

The pre-built are pretty strong!
I personally recommoned Sea Behemoths, warriors, carbuncle and shrine knights.
They are pretty strong. If you need help with how to play these four, just let me know
and I would love to help you more.
Iamnotfunny

PreviousNext

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom