What would you recommend?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

What would you recommend?

Postby Ayabi » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi there! I'm a new Gowen player, and overall new to Alteil. I might purchase a few gran in the future, but right now I'm pretty much set on buying a pre-built deck. From what I got told, both Warriors and Volcano are good, but since I have no clue on how they play, I would love for someone to give me to pros/cons to these two decks and help me choose which one to buy.

Also, I got three rares from Alteil JP winning the contest(?), would you recommend that I recycle one of them to make a little bit of gran?

Thanks in advance. :)
Ayabi

Re: What would you recommend?

Postby Muklas » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Keep Bringer, for the love of God keep Bringer, hes OP as all hell and goes into most every Gowen file, even at one.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby France » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Are you dead set on only the Gowen Prebuilts? The warrior prebuilt while it has some decent cards didn't prove as greatly useful as I hoped. I've meet some decent success with Volcano prebuilt. Though if you were gonna buy a prebuilt from any of the spheres I would suggest either Lycan Rush or Sea Serpent files. Those are the ones that have been proven to have done the best and will hold your own against many files once you get the hang of them.

For the free five stars I would suggest to keep bringer at least since he can be put into any gowen deck for success. The other two belong to some very specific files so if you want to recycle them I wouldn't blame you.
France

Postby phailures » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Zu is good as a 1 of. Mirelia you need 3. Even then she's not that great anymore with the nerf.

The volcano, shrine knights, and wyvern prebuilds are all good. Sea Serpent is probably the best one though.
phailures

Postby Muklas » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

phailures wrote:Zu is good as a 1 of. Mirelia you need 3. Even then she's not that great anymore with the nerf.

The volcano, shrine knights, and wyvern prebuilds are all good. Sea Serpent is probably the best one though.

Serpent gets boring to play after a while.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby phailures » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Muklas wrote:
phailures wrote:Zu is good as a 1 of. Mirelia you need 3. Even then she's not that great anymore with the nerf.

Serpent gets boring to play after a while.

For a new player, it'll be good for getting some exp to get level up cards faster.

Also that's an opinion. I've played the same gowen started for like 60 levels without getting bored. I've changed it which each new set and etc. Only now have I been going with new decks because of the new prebuilts/I have enough cards for more decks.
phailures

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm

Recycle mirelia, keep the others. Warriors is a good place to start since its a basic rush file. If I were you replace ex dilate with boomerang man. There are also a lot of warrior subtypes so its easy to modify to your tastes.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for advice!! Its a hard game to learn I once lost 25 games in a row.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Ayabi » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 am

I'm not set on Gowen at all, actually, I just found it was the one I played best. I will keep Bringer and recycle Mireilia then :). Also, I will look into Sea Serpent, as it seems most people consider it the better file. Warriors do seems like a good rush file, but I feel I would rather play something like Big Red or Big...Blue? Well, the ramp decks :D . Again, thank you all for the help. The community here is really helpful!
Ayabi

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:23 am

Big red is fine, it's just usually big files are sorta tough to play and most people start by learning the level 3 rush. But obviously you can follow your heart!!

Though I would recommend sticking to Gowen. The other spheres get kind of complicated...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Seizan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Lawtia rush (poor man's EN) > Volcano > Serpent > SK > other prebuilts in terms of power (in general, some exceptions: SK easily wins vs Volcano, but has no chance vs Serpent). Volcano is most fun though, once you 9 something with OP Jerry on first try you're going to fall in love with this prebuilt. :twisted: Also, it roflstomps both Falkow prebuilts, which is added bonus if you hate them Returns like I do.
Seizan

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom