What would you recommend?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Re: What would you recommend?

Postby Ayabi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:09 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Big red is fine, it's just usually big files are sorta tough to play and most people start by learning the level 3 rush. But obviously you can follow your heart!!

Though I would recommend sticking to Gowen. The other spheres get kind of complicated...
Seizan wrote:Lawtia rush (poor man's EN) > Volcano > Serpent > SK > other prebuilts in terms of power (in general, some exceptions: SK easily wins vs Volcano, but has no chance vs Serpent). Volcano is most fun though, once you 9 something with OP Jerry on first try you're going to fall in love with this prebuilt. :twisted: Also, it roflstomps both Falkow prebuilts, which is added bonus if you hate them Returns like I do.

How does volcano play? I couldn't find a replay video :( still searching. I've bought the gran, so this will seal the deal, haha.
Also, both Falkow decks get stomped by Volcano? This seems nice.

Edit: Nevermind about the replay, I'm watching one right now :). I just hope it's the prebuilt version.

Edit*2: I bought Volcano Hustle, I'm gonna try to get it going. :D
Ayabi

Postby Seizan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Can't promise those replays will stay for long with premium being fixed and stuff, but they work for now:

One of my favourite battles of all time, vs mid Lawtia, Archer Scout stayed alive for 10 rounds generating sp. :lol: :twisted:
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 738cbc88e6

Urgrant 1 (you can see that I changed ss from that time, too many people iczered into first Mitzett and I don't have Dub Rido unfortunately):
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 3217f43f01

Urgrant 2 (yes, I beat 2 different Urgrants with Volcano prebuilt, but it doesn't mean he's not OP card)
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... d3435f0b1f

And this is how I beat Silver Star Serpent:
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... b67ed00cfa

Hope this helps. :)
Seizan

Postby Ayabi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:50 am

Wow! This helps big time. I had only a little idea on how to open, and your way seems amazing. :D The first game was hilarious. I can't believe how much SP the Archer Scout gave you, considering that I usually let her die to get my first SS. There's one thing I would need help with though: I never know when to play EX: Girl Mercenary, because I don't really understand her goal in the deck. Is it card advantage? Protection? It just feels like i'm investing 1 sp and only getting it back...I must be doing something wrong haha. :oops:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!
(By the way, that Anttila alt. is quite something. :lol: )
Ayabi

Postby Seizan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 am

Ayabi wrote:Wow! This helps big time. I had only a little idea on how to open, and your way seems amazing. :D

I'm glad I could help. :)

The first game was hilarious. I can't believe how much SP the Archer Scout gave you

I know, right?

I usually let her die to get my first SS.

That's what I use Dryad for usually. Unless opponent opens with EX: Giant Ork or any other unit capable of killing AS even with 10 def bonus (or plays Falkow, since they're going to Tidal Wave you). In those cases I proceed directly to EX: Merc Girl. Against Falkow I either replay Archer Scout (not really good idea, but sometimes I feel like trolling) or hit them with Salamander open and then EX: Girl kills their Catherina/EX: Wizard Soldier, with Salamander on field to trigger first ss.

I never know when to play EX: Girl Mercenary, because I don't really understand her goal in the deck. Is it card advantage? Protection? It just feels like i'm investing 1 sp and only getting it back.

Actually it's all of those, hence my dislike for this card (poor design) and lot of different decks (even non-Gowen) using it. She hits fast for 20 dmg (which adds up), blocks first attack for free (without losing copy/sp for revival), prevents opponents from launching too much iczer attacks against you, she "banks" sp against decks based on sp drain and makes you breakfast in meantime. Basically if you don't have anything to play on given round, play her.

By the way, that Anttila alt. is quite something. :lol:

Gaia Anaconda is my personal favourite. :lol: Also, my ss lineup is far from optimal, while Antilla can be huge surprise and revive Giant A (or even Bringer if you're extremely lucky and time it really well), sometimes I wish I had Dub Rido or Mitzett there. It usually works with my playstyle, but it has some flaws. You might want someone with more experience to help you with that.
Seizan

Postby Ayabi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 pm

That's what I use Dryad for usually. Unless opponent opens with EX: Giant Ork or any other unit capable of killing AS even with 10 def bonus (or plays Falkow, since they're going to Tidal Wave you). In those cases I proceed directly to EX: Merc Girl. Against Falkow I either replay Archer Scout (not really good idea, but sometimes I feel like trolling) or hit them with Salamander open and then EX: Girl kills their Catherina/EX: Wizard Soldier, with Salamander on field to trigger first ss.

I see... I guess Salamader or Dryad would do a better job of triggering SS. So unless they play Falkow, the archer/dryad opening sounds perfect. :D

Actually it's all of those, hence my dislike for this card (poor design) and lot of different decks (even non-Gowen) using it. She hits fast for 20 dmg (which adds up), blocks first attack for free (without losing copy/sp for revival), prevents opponents from launching too much iczer attacks against you, she "banks" sp against decks based on sp drain and makes you breakfast in meantime. Basically if you don't have anything to play on given round, play her.

Well dang. Now that you mention it, she's pretty much the best level 1 creature a file could have. She can be good even in the late game... :o

Gaia Anaconda is my personal favourite. :lol: Also, my ss lineup is far from optimal, while Antilla can be huge surprise and revive Giant A (or even Bringer if you're extremely lucky and time it really well), sometimes I wish I had Dub Rido or Mitzett there. It usually works with my playstyle, but it has some flaws. You might want someone with more experience to help you with that.

Lol :D From what I've seen in your replays, it worked really well. It inspired me to go look at some SS myself and get a good lineup! Can't wait to try the new strategies out. :3
Ayabi

Postby Muklas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Welp, time to show my replays:

mid-red vs mid red
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... f5979e91f9

mid-red vs BKR and co
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 345925db5e

Do note that I won these through sheer luck and a bit of help from a adrenaline rush.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Ayabi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Muklas wrote:Welp, time to show my replays:

mid-red vs mid red
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... f5979e91f9

mid-red vs BKR and co
https://alteil-login.gamepotusa.com/aud ... 345925db5e

Do note that I won these through sheer luck and a bit of help from a adrenaline rush.

Sweet games! Looks like Pixies are a hard matchup for pretty much every file out there. Do they plan on nerfing them? I saw some people complaining about them being too strong. Still, luck is part of the game. :lol:
Ayabi

Postby Seizan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 am

Behemoth as 2nd ss, pixies -> mid red, geee, I wonder who could it be. ;) Nice job taking his star. With Genshin instead of Bazgar you're going to rock even more.
Seizan

Postby Muklas » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:37 am

Seizan wrote:

Behemoth as 2nd ss, pixies -> mid red, geee, I wonder who could it be. ;) Nice job taking his star. With Genshin instead of Bazgar you're going to rock even more.

Getting 2 Genshin is going to be a adventure of saving up 600 over the course of two months+ recycling all bad 5 stars I get on level ups+ seeing as I have 40 PC and the new event gives out 5 per completed misssion and im on my way to a second Bringer.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Previous

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom