Apparantley, i really suck

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Apparantley, i really suck

Postby heffay » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:06 pm

As the title suggests, i really suck at this game. IDK if im doing something wrong or what, i started with the red deck, switched to the white one. I can not beat any opponents, even the lvl 1 demo npc, and as emberassing as this is to admit, its even more emberassing to actually have happening.. over and over again. IDK what im doign wrong or if the deck just sucks *that* badly, but im assuming they wouldnt give it out if it couldnt beat the lvl 1 demo. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I did do the tutorial as well, so i *think* ive got the basics down, i just cant seem to win it. Thanks in advance, Heffay.
heffay

Re: Apparantley, i really suck

Postby Icyglare » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 pm

After the battles, save the replay after the battle and we can start discussing strategy turn by turn. You currently have the Refess Starter as your main file right?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby wakka9ca » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm

*gives a pat on the shoulder*

The learning curve is really high for this game. Have some patience. Can you share with us what type of opening sequence do you usually use? So we can point out the mistakes or how to normally proceed.

The Refess starter is really not that great. Try to switch back to Gowen since it's a bit easier to play. Create a new account for different spheres if necessary.

But for now, let's stick to Refess.
wakka9ca

Postby heffay » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Ill try to get replays when the server is back up. and ive made a few mods to the refess deck but nothing major. I really appreciate the responses. (i cant walk u through it because i cant remember card names lol)
heffay

Postby Seizan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:22 am

With Refess you either have to accept 30% (or lower) win rate or pour a lot of money to get card like Kaldrao, Holy Knight Lapierre (EX cards), and several 4* and 5*. Even at lower end (1* and 2*) Refess has it hard, 3 copies of Refugee Citizens and Folrart Guardian are not something you can get by using lotto 10 times, while Falkow has Serpent prebuilt. My advice would be to make new account with Gowen (red) starter and watch some tutorials posted here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6618 (not that great, but can be somewhat helpful).
And don't worry, I beat my first non-demo NPC using Refess starter by memorizing order of first several cards he plays. ;)
Seizan

Postby Kemious » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Seizan wrote:With Refess you either have to accept 30% (or lower) win rate or pour a lot of money to get card like Kaldrao, Holy Knight Lapierre (EX cards), and several 4* and 5*. Even at lower end (1* and 2*) Refess has it hard, 3 copies of Refugee Citizens and Folrart Guardian are not something you can get by using lotto 10 times, while Falkow has Serpent prebuilt. My advice would be to make new account with Gowen (red) starter and watch some tutorials posted here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6618 (not that great, but can be somewhat helpful).
And don't worry, I beat my first non-demo NPC using Refess starter by memorizing order of first several cards he plays. ;)

Yeah yeah Refess has it hard. But you don't get better at playing Refess files by playing Gowen. If your having difficult beating the level 1 NPC i'm going to say theirs a fundamental problem in how your playing your file. Refess starts have their issues but You should be able to at least handle that much.

While the Refess starter is not grade A it can beat the other ones if played right
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Icyglare » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 pm

You still around Heffay? Post us a replay, even if it is against an NPC
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link