Gowen

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Gowen

Postby LightsCameraAction » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi, I am making this because I do have a pretty solid mermaid file but It is quite boring although it can win on around 40%
but I feel like trying Gowen because it seems like it is a good starter for someone like me who still needs to learn the ropes.
So I am just asking for information on gowen like how files should be made soul skill needs etc.
Thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
LightsCameraAction

Re: Gowen

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Gowen files should be made like this in mind:

I need probably at least 2-3 damage grims for various situations. Maybe 1 BoF and 2 fire arrows. Optional rapid growth depending on your unit selection. Unit selection, comprised of at least 2 ranged fighters with at least some semi-reliably way to kill softer support units hiding behind tanks. Damage soul skills is usually the way to go, and I think a removal soul tucked somewhere between slots 2-4 is completely appropriate in this meta. If you have no end game unit like Athira Shin or bringer I'd load up on a couple more damage grims to burn the excess sp at the end of the game and secure you victory.

Just some random thoughts, hope it's helpful.
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:39 pm

If you got the free Boringer from serial you in luck. He can make the starter deck in to meta. Maybe add a Cassandre for undeads and you should be good to go.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby sunbunman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:56 pm

From what I've seen, meta-grade gowen files have these things in common,

3x Fire arrow
3x BoF
2 - 3x Bringer
- Rest of file...
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby phailures » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm

You don't need 3 bof...most gowen files carry 1.
phailures

Postby Muklas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

phailures wrote:You don't need 3 bof...most gowen files carry 1.

1 is almoust never enough, what with the amount of grim hate in the meta and the amount of rushes these days . 2 BoF is golden.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Herbasaja » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Muklas wrote:
phailures wrote:You don't need 3 bof...most gowen files carry 1.

1 is almoust never enough, what with the amount of grim hate in the meta and the amount of rushes these days . 2 BoF is golden.

From my recent experiences I have to second this statement. It might not be so important for a rank-up or a rush file as 1 BoF used to be enough for me in those but for mid/big 2 BoF feel pretty vital. Unless of course you choose roar of the flame emperor over it.

As for OP's question on SS in case of Rank-ups/Mids/Bigs I think you'd want Dryad soldier as your first SS. In a majority of other cases you just want damage... I really like Sabre saint or Zugateroza as 2LP damage souls. If you don't need a lot of LP just add the souls you think are best but from what I've observed it's better to have souls that deal damage regardless of unit status. For example a smart opponent might counter souls skills like Mitzett leaving you infuriated.
Herbasaja

Postby Muklas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

The fun part about Mizett is that once people see the first one they think theres a second,so instead of aggressively iczering you they wait till their last unit is engaged to iczer only to get a fist full of Dub Rido.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Romdeau » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Muklas wrote:The fun part about Mizett is that once people see the first one they think theres a second,so instead of aggressively iczering you they wait till their last unit is engaged to iczer only to get a fist full of Dub Rido.

Depends on the SS placement and my memories of opponent, but I can imagine this happening.
Romdeau

Postby LightsCameraAction » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:05 pm

wow i suppose gowen is less straight forward than i thought in the whole grimore department.
from my outlook of it it seems ball of fire and fire arrow are the key points but your units should also abuse the rank ups to over run the opponent.
sadly I have seen how useful bringer is and i regret no being here to get him -.- or mirellia!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
LightsCameraAction

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom