"1700 RP with starter"

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

"1700 RP with starter"

Postby Flock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:11 am

Not an exact quote, but I've seen something similar (1700/1800) mentioned every now and then. The thing is, 2/3 of the time my opponents play Bringer & friends, undeads, or pixies, and most of the remaining 1/3 are EN, Urgrant, starmander, serpents etc. The last time I played against another starter was the week "take to the sky" was introduced.

So my request is: does anyone have replays of starters (with slight modding) beating these metas? or even beating anything played by someone with decent RP?

Personally interested in seeing falk starter, but I think a collection of various starter replays would help all new players. The stickied set of replays vs other starters only helps in crest; once in folrart you almost never see another starter.
Flock

Re: "1700 RP with starter"

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 am

I am the opinion that these statements are absolutly outside realism and reflects situations which were maybe existent several sets before but not now.
There is absolutly no way that a falkow starter or any other starter could realisticly face the decks which are currently running around. They are all absolutly outdated and some of those cards could even need a buff considering how the powercreep was increasing.

BUT it is possible to upgrade the starters several ways and those upgraded decks could have a better chance. But those upgrades are pretty often luck related (get the right units/SS) and depends on the files that currently running around in folrart + your matchups (do you meet 8 beginner or 8 bringer in a row?).
Like you could upgrade your falkow with elite fencer, mage knight, a proxy+ pegasus or a volfied and maybe a removal (still you can pretty easily get fieldwiped every time an SS is activated considering the hp of the wk units).

Also gowen starter upgraded with beginners pack was somewhat acceptable and was played a lot some months ago.

I am pissed of every time I am reading those coments. Seriously go out with your old starter play hundred games and then we can talk...
Anima13

Postby Spears » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:58 am

Anima thats the kind of attitude that seperates those who can win with the starter from those who cant, everytime i see people accept challenges to get starter to Xrp its always because people says its no longer possible in this enviroment and they normally achieve said rp.
Spears

Postby GOSCAR » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 am

I would like to see this too.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:25 am

Soo this is just a joke thread?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10390

I really appreciate the method of flock. really show us those battles. I know gowen could do it some months before with the beginner pack and the right SS (but none of the others).
But show us that those starters can deal with a big gowen deck, that they can deal with pixies and show us how they fight shvara (though most of them are rushes so that doesnt matter that much) Show us how they fight card destruction decks and deal with SK or serpent (and please no noob replays). And we also wish to see the winrates of those files and not only for 10 games (cause that is, no offense, a joke) but over a long period. Play 50 games and show us those legendary 1700RP stuff that supposed to be out there somewhere lying.
Anima13

Postby Romdeau » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 pm

A hero has to come along once every X months to prove it's still possible I guess, otherwise people are always "nah man, nah you can't do it!"
Romdeau

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, if you mod Falkow starter to a WK, you might stand a chance. Without mod is crazy, maybe pro skills and mind reading abilities will be effective. The best I got was rp1600 using the falkow starter and it wasn't against meta.
wakka9ca

Postby Spears » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

what is a noob replay?
Spears

Postby Flock » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:18 pm

It's not about whether it is possible. We want to learn and replays or just some text examples would help a lot. Going up against metas and losing a hundred times might help too but it is far slower. Simply stating that the starters can reach 1700rp is encouraging, but ultimately not very helpful.
Flock

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:45 pm

My friend hit 1980rp with the gowen starter + beginner packs and modded souls (he got an asuet).

Gowen is the only starter that can take you to the top, but you really need to get good at the game to reach that level. So don't ask about the starter, instead reflect on your own decisions and try to recognize mistakes and think of little ways to improve. Or ask.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom